Week 7: Zachary

Nathan's parents were there every day of the 6th week. Zachary opened the door and walked in. Mr. Collins walked up to Zachary and punched his right eye. "You're the reason why he's in this mess. You stupid whore. Get your fucking ass out of this room!" Mr. Collins yelled. "Honey! Calm down." Mrs. Collins screamed. "It's okay, Mrs. Collins. I kinda deserved that." Zachary said. "Honey, let him talk." She said. "Fine. I hope your eye stays black you faggot." Mr. Collins said. Zachary looked down and sighed. "I'm sorry Zac. Ignore him." Mrs. Collins said and walked out with Mr. Collins.
Zachary sat and stared at Nathan. Tears were in his eyes. Tears that could flood the room. The doctor came in. "I'm sorry, but we need to take Nathan in for the operation." The doctor said. "Please, give me five minutes." Zachary pleaded. "Okay, five only." The doctor replied then walked out of the room. "Wow Nathan. Lots of people gifted you these past weeks. Sadly I didn't. Because I'm an idiot. It kills me to see your death face. The face that keeps me up at night. I remembered the day you walked in front of the car and the way you turned when you looked at me. The last time I saw your actual tears. How stupid of me to act like an idiot that day. (He hit his head on a table) STUPID! And now, I'll be the reason why you're gone. The one thing I had that made me want to come out of my personal bubble. You. Now it's gone! If I could go back to that day, I would. You wouldn't be here. I would. I should be the one in the hospital. Except I wouldn't be making the operation. I deserve to be punched and hit with bats. Not you. I couldn't come to school. It reminded me too much of you. Every color. Every room. Especially math. (He laughed) The day you made the move. The smartest move. I was secretly gay. Yes. I thought no one would like me if they knew I was gay. I lied to everyone. But you made it not a lie anymore. I've told everyone a few weeks ago about me lying to them. Thy were mad at first but I never came back since then. You've been haunting my mind. I've been thinking about you these whole weeks. Everyone has. Please stay. Don't leave me. Please." Zachary cried. The doctor walked in. "Sir, we need to take him in now." The doctor said. "Can I wait here till it's over?" Zachary asked. "I guess that will be fine." The doctor answered. "Please save him." Zachary said. "We'll try our best." The doctor said with a sigh. The doctor left the room and Zachary waited. He prayed and waited a few hours and then fell to the floor with his eyes closed. He opened his eyes and saw the doctor staring at him. "Are you alright?" The doctor asked? "Yes doctor." Zachary answered. "Please. Call me Doctor Darren." Darren said. "Okay. Is he alive?" Zachary asked eagerly. "I'm sorry. He passed away an hour ago." Darren said. Zachary's heart stopped.
"He's gone?"
"Yes."
"Forever...?"
"I'm afraid so."
"NO! HE'S ALIVE! I KNOW HE IS!"
"Sir, calm down."
"YOU DIDN'T TRY AT ALL!"
"We did what we could."
"NO YOU DIDN'T! HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE IF YOU DID!"
"Please. Lower your voice."
"OR WHAT?! EVERYONE'S GONNA FIND OUT EVENTUALLY!"
A security guard came in.
"Take this kid out of here."
Zachary fought back.
"I dare you." Zachary said.
"As you wish." The guard replied and punched Zachary in the face.
Zachary blinked twice and lifted his head up and rubbed his eyes.
"Bad dream?" Nathan asked.
"You're alive?!" Zachary asked with excitement.
"Yes." Nathan replied. Zachary hugged Nathan but Nathan didn't hug back. Nathan raised and eyebrow and crossed his arms. Zachary sighed. "Yeah you're obviously still mad at me, but I wish you were awake to hear what I said. I thought I lost you those few weeks that you were in a coma. I couldn't make myself go back to a place where I almost killed you. The only person I loved. Please don't leave me again. Please!" Zachary pleaded. "Oh I heard. I heard everything everyone said. I guess it was pretty stupid for me to walk purposely for that car to hit me." Nathan said. "No. You had a reason. I'm sorry for everything I did. I'll understand if you don't forgive me today, but I hope you forgive me someday." Zachary sighed.
Nathan had tears in his eyes. "I can't hate you. I've loved you for too long to let you go. I'm sorry for what I did in the cafeteria. My mind was just angry that you didn't tell me before." Nathan said.
"Yes. I'm sorry. I just- I kinda wrote something for you but I wanted to read it to you before you woke up." Zachary said. "Okay." Nathan replied.
Zachary read:
"I was alone thinking of you, and sat. Recalling that smile, and our chats.
Nothing but you I need.
My heart, and my eyes would always bleed.
No words could describe how I feel.
No heart can bear it, flesh or steel.
I longed for you each night.
When you gave me your heart, I broke it. I've been wanting you for these past few weeks that you were here. There was a reason why I did what I did. I was afraid of you. (Zachary began to cry)
I was a afraid of you saying the words: 'I'm leaving you' and 'It's over.'
I didn't want to hear that. What Brittany did was my fault but I knew what you would say and I couldn't do it. I knew you were going to say it but I stopped you. I stopped you but made an even worse mistake. Leaving you. I've regretted everything. Every word. Every second of me talking. Please love me again.
Your special smile
Your special face
You were a special person I still can't replace
I love you
I want you
You'll always be remembered a place in my heart, you'll always will
A space where no one else can fill." Zachary said. Nathan wiped Zachary's tears. Nathan grabbed Zachary and hugged him tightly. Zachary kissed Nathan's cheek. "Touch me?" Nathan asked.
Zachary nodded.

(AN: Sex scene XD)

Doctor Darren walked in.
(Yes they were clothed)
"We've sent a voicemail to everyone who came and your principal. You're free to go." Darren said. "Thank you, Darren." Nathan said. Nathan got out of the bed and walked out the room. Zachary rubbed his eyes and hugged Darren. "Thank you! Thank you for saving him." Zachary cried. "I'm glad he's okay." Darren smiled. Zachary walked out and followed Nathan.

"I wanted to show you something. It's in three places though. The whole school helped out." Zachary said. "Sure." Nathan smiled.
Zachary led him to the school. "Cover your eyes." Zachary said. Nathan obeyed and Zachary led him by the hand. The whole school saw that he was coming and ran to hide. "Alright. Open your eyes on the count of three. One.......Three!" Zachary screamed. Nathan opened his eyes. "SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled.
"Woah." Nathan said.
Everyone ran up to him and picked him up. "We missed you Nathan!" Everyone said. "Missed you guys too." Nathan replied. Then, they carried Nathan to the spot where they made a spot dedicated to Nathan. Nathan's eyes widened. "We made it for you. Well, Zachary did." Mike said. Nathan turned to Zachary who was blushing and looking down. "Thank you guys." Nathan said.
"No problem." Everyone said.

They dropped Nathan and celebrated. Afterwards, Zachary took Nathan to Nathan's house. His parents had tears of joy in their eyes. Mr. Collins apologized and talked with Zachary privately about future plans. Then, they shook hands and went to the last spot he wanted to show him. "I named your quiet spot after you. It costed a lot but it was worth it." Zachary said. Nathan looked up at a tall sign that said: Nathan's. Then Lucas and Johnny popped out. "Tada!" They said. The two of them ran up to Nathan and hugged him. "We missed you a lot." Johnny said. "I missed you guys too." Nathan replied. "Well, we weren't the only ones who missed you." Lucas laughed and winked at Zachary. Lucas and Johnny "left" but actually hid behind a few trees.
"You did this all for me?" Nathan asked. "Of course I did. I'd do anything for you." Zachary answered. Nathan stared at Zachary and then looked away. Zachary smiled and kissed him.