Chapter Four

Michael’s POV
This is his thoughts when Emma came to him for help and what he did after.

As she is claiming that she’s not lying I see the tears brimming at the corner of her eyes and I hear her voice quiver from choking back a sob and I know that I have to get her out of the loft before she starts crying. So, I tell her that she should come up with a better story before I close the door in her face but I caught a glimpse of her face and saw that even with makeup on she visibly paled, her big brown doe eyes filled with fear probably from me holding a gun to her seconds ago, and some of her brown hair that I had this strong impulse to run my fingers through was pulled up into a half up half down style.
I sighed and turned around to see Fi glaring at me and I know what she’s about to say so I cut her off and say, “Yeah, I know she might not be lying so to ease your mind I’ll call Sam and have his buddies pull some files and see if her story lines up.” She smiles at me and simply say, “Good.” And with that she walks out the door.

Three Hours Later

“Here are you files Mikey, and from what you told me the story lines up. A 14 year old girl named Emma Smith was kidnapped in Pennsylvania and the guys description matched Andy Milton. The guy that you ran off the little shopping area.” Says Sam. “I know who Andy Milton is Sam. What does it say about him? Emma said that he was abusive does his file match that?” I ask. “Let me look.” Sam sighs. I roll my eyes and lean back in my chair and sip my iced tea. As I watch Sam I see his eyes go wide and be pushes back his mojito. Okay now I’m interested. “What is it Sam?” “Your boy Andy was in Pennsylvania that year on trial for murder they didn’t have enough evidence to pin it on him. But get this it was two days before Emma Smith was kidnapped. Not to mention Andy is like a slippery snake he’s tied up in gangs, local prostitution rings, and a whole bunch of nasty stuff but they can never pin it on him. And he definitely fits the bill for an abusive person he’s got endless DUIs and domestic abuse charges.” My eyes go wide as I realize that the fear I saw in Emma’s eyes earlier was not from me it was from the realization that she was stuck with Andy and was facing being sold into prostitution. Before Sam can say anything I’m up on my feet dragging him out of the bar and to my car. “Oh my god I sent Emma back to a living hell. No wonder she wanted help she’s in danger of becoming a prostitute.” I yell as I dial Fi’s number luckily she picks up on the second try. Before she can say anything I explain to her to get a lot of fire power ready and some c-4 just to be safe. Once I pick up Fi I explain to Sam and Fi what we’re doing. Saving Emma.

Authors note: If you've never seen burn notice a. Your missing out on an awesome show and b. You probably don't know why Sam not drinking a mojito is alarming. In the show Sam is a drinker that LOVES alcohol especially mojitos but he is NOT a drunk he just likes to drink if that makes sense 😂