20

We make it to the club and Cain walks over to my door and opens it for me then helps me out. "Thanks. " I say blushing. Spotting Leo we make our way over to him. "Hey, guys. " Leo says. "You look good Zara." I lower my head blushing "thanks." I say. "Come on. I want a drink." Cain says pulling us up to the front of the line. "Don't we have to wait?" I question. "Not when my brother is the owner." He says with a smirk.

The guy standing at the door lets us in as soon as he sees Cain. "Have a good time Cain." He calls out. The place is crowded so I grab onto Cain's arm not wanting to get lost. He leads us right to the bar in the middle of the room. "What can I get you guys." The bartender asks. "I'll get a couple of jager bombs and he'll have a couple of Alabama slammers." He tells her for his and Leo's drinks then she looks at me "I'll just have a couple of shots of patron." I tell her.

"Zara, are you trying to die tonight?" Leo says in disbelief. "No. That's my normal drink when I go out." I say laughing. A few minutes later the bartender comes back with our drinks and I grab my shots and take both of them right after each other. "Cain did you know she drinks like that?" Leo says trying to make it to where I can't hear but I did, which causes me to laugh. "Come on. Let's go dance." I say as I grab their arms and lead them to the middle of the crowd.

We've been dancing for about an hour before I call the guys "I'm going to get some more shots. Do you guys want any?" They both shake their heads and continue dancing. I make my way through the crowd and go back up to the bar. "Can I get a few more shots of patron?" I ask the bartender. "Of course honey. Who are you trying to forget?" "Just a prick that tries to put a claim on me. " I say laughing. She comes back with my drinks and sets them on the bar. I take both of them before turning around to look for Cain and Leo again. As soon as I spot them I get a sharp pain in my chest causing me to hunch over.

'Leo!!! Somethings wrong!' I yell through the mind link. He stops dancing and frantically looks around the room until he spots me. Running through the crowd pushing everyone out the way. By the time he reaches me I'm clutching my chest with tears steadily falling from my eyes. He picks me up and carries me out of the club towards the car. "Leo call Atticus. Let him know something is wrong and to meet us at the pack doctor." Cain calls out before I get another sharp pain and scream out.

Setting me in the back seat "Cain. I don't think we should take her back to Blood Moon." I hear Leo tell him. "Why not? I have to take her to her mate." "Cain the only time I've ever seen this is when a mate cheats." He whispers. "No! Atticus wouldn't do that!" Cain yells out. "Just call him!" He climbs in the driver seat and speeds out of the parking lot towards Atticus' pack.

It didn't take as long to get home as it did getting to the club. Cain slams the car in park and jumps out coming to the back door swings it open and grabs me carrying me bridal style into the house. As soon as we walk in all I can hear are moans. 'No! He wouldn't do that! Zara, it can't be him.' My wolf howls in pain. "Atticus!!!" Cains bellows out.

The moaning stops and a door slams open and down comes a disheveled-looking Atticus. "Cain? Why are you back so early?" He questions. "It's Zara. But never mind. I can see now what was going on." He says with shame in his voice. "Put me down, Cain. " I whisper. Hesitantly he obliges and once I'm standing I look Atticus right in the eyes as I say the one thing I hope I would never have to. "I, Zaraphine Knight reject you, Atticus Black as my mate." Falling to my knees Cain wraps his hands around me whispering in my ear. "It'll be okay Zar. I'll be here every step of the way." "Accept it!! Accept it now!!!" I scream. "No."