40

Atticus POV

'What is going on? What is she talking about?' My wolf questioned me. 'I'm not sure but we will find out. If Jax says that she can see into people's minds then I believe him.' I explained. "Now let me see your hands, Alpha. " Tony said with a small smile on her face. I placed my large hands into her small pale ones before she said, "Now, close your eyes and open your mind. Release every bad feeling you have in your mind. I need your mind blank for this." I did as she said and cleared my mind of Zaraphine, Esther, and the pack. "Good. Now, I will show you what I have seen in Kira's head." She said in almost a whisper.

Almost immediately after she spoke images flashed through my mind. Kira was standing with Esther, listening intently to her speak. "Get them away from the pack. As far as you can think of. Keep them distracted and once you are far enough away I will search for your location and keep them there long enough for me to send reinforcements to you. They will assist you in killing them. We do not want Atticus to make it back alive. If he is not dead then I can not complete the mating ceremony between Zaraphine and Lakota. As soon as it is complete, you can come back to me. You will stand beside me as a warrior. You will live the life you have always wanted. You will have power, my child. Nobody will be able to stop us." Esther spoke. "I understand. I will kill Atticus. I will do as you say." Kira spoke almost robotically.

The next image I saw was Kira standing ahead of my group of warriors. She was in her head speaking to her wolf. 'Esther is gonna kill me.' She said to her wolf. She wasn't expecting Jax to know a way into the Witches kingdom I thought to myself. "Alpha! Keep your mind clear. You are just to be watching." I heard in the background. I did as the voice said and cleared my mind once again. I sat back and watched the conversation disperse between Jax and Tony again, except I was in Kira's head. 'Shit! You shouldn't have let that warrior come. He is going to find out the truth!' Her wolf growled. I watched as Tony turned towards Kira and looked into her head and seen the truth causing her to smile.

When Tony turned to me explaining that she wanted to show me I heard Kira's wolf speak again, 'This is not good! KILL HER!!' The image began to blur and I felt heavy as I found myself back in the present still latching onto Tony's hands. I stumbled back when she finally let go of my hands and turned to glare at Kira. "I knew I couldn't trust you! You were going to kill me? You were going to kill my people! The witch! For what? Because you wanted power? You had power, Kira! You were to be Zaraphines protector! Now, look at you! Banished from your home, made a rogue with only a corrupt wolf as a friend, and soon to find your death by my hands! What power did you think you gain other than what you could have had?" I growled. I could feel my wolf trying to break the surface. He wanted blood. He wanted to watch the life drain from her eyes. We wanted to feel her body go limp in between our canines.

"Alpha, please calm down. I will grant you entrance to my home on one condition." Tony said breaking my thoughts. "What is this condition?" I questioned. "Kira is left for me. She believed it was a good idea to threaten me on my land. I believe it only fair that I show her how wrong she is to ever trust a witch over her own kind." She said rather sadistically. "Fine. But she is to die Tony. She threatened my mate. Took her from me and planned to help in forcing her to mate with another." I said with pain lacing my voice. "I understand, Young Alpha." She bowed her head as she spoke. She then raised her hand and whispered under her breath words that I couldn't understand.