Chapter 14

When Rebecca asked about dad and her chocolates she was told by mum that he had travelled out of the country for some business. Rebecca did not only have a sharp tongue,she was also very smart. She knew that dad always kisses her forehead before travelling. She didn't say this in front of mum though but asked James and I later on. James quickly lied that mum was saying the truth and that dad was in a hurry so he forgot to kiss her goodbye.
   The house got very quiet. Not the quiet dad loved but oddly silence. Mum wasn't ready to tell us funny stories seeing as she was worried about dad's condition,James didn't tease me anymore and when Rebecca said anything mum just yelled at her.
   Yeah,dad's condition real took my mind off Grace. I was too worried about dad that I didn't snob her. I just answered with a tired voice not even noticing who it was. When she asked what happened I just let it all out because I had been longing to talk to someone who wasn't in the same situation as I was. I didn't even notice when I stated crying. I only realized who I was talking to after I had calmed down. I would have felt stupid on a normal day but it wasn't normal. I just felt sad and heartbroken.
   Being at home was much worse. Twice when I had a nightmare(mostly about dad accident) I would wake and run to his room to tell him about the nightmare forgetting that he wasn't there anymore. When I had an assignment that was too difficult for me to solve I used to sigh and think of all the times dad used to help with my assignment. I missed the times when I would want to talk to him but he kept on getting calls from the hospital. Those times I wish he would just relax and take a break from work but now I missed when I used to talk to him and he would interrupt by saying 'be right back'.