Chapter 17

My family and I moved out of the neighborhood and sold our house. My mum felt it would be best if we left so we could forget memories of my dad. She even left her old job because she did not want people to feel sorry for her. I'm just happy she left us in our school.
I stopped fighting with Grace. Maybe the therapy sessions worked on that too. We became best of friends just like we were before. I apologized to her for ignoring her all the other times. We did everything together again.
The boys who liked Grace kept on talking to me. It felt really good to have so many friends for once. It made me feel a sense of belonging.
Our life(my family and I) went on smoothly after all the crying and the anger. My mum took good care of us and she kept on tellings us different childhood stories. Sometimes when we accidentally mention dad my mum will pause for a while and then continue like nothing happened though we would all hear her crying in her room in the midnight when she thought we had gone to bed. We felt really sorry for mum so we promised never to talk about dad in front of her.
When I had nothing to do I drew back all the pictures of my dad once again. I did not want to be a doctor anymore because the doctors could not save my dad. I wanted to be an artist now and I was really trying my best to become one now.
I started to draw at my spare time and I was getting better everyday. People said I was great and my mum then enrolled me into an art lesson class. It was the best thing ever.