Chapter 9

When I told James about what happened he felt that Grace liked me and that was why she wanted to be friends with a 'weirdo'.
   Great brotherly advice to him indeed.
    Whenever I was in school and I tried to be to bring up the game of Truth and Dare,the boys who liked Grace didn't let it happen. And I was too scared to ask her anything so it took a long time before she said how she felt.
    We finally played the game anyway. I couldn't wait for Grace to be asked her question. Since everyone knew how I was filling they just asked her the question.
    Her answer shocked me.
    And sent the all the boys laughing.
    Grace said she didn't like me for starters. After that all the boys who liked her was hoping she would call one of their names but that didn't happen because she called someone else's name which nobody knew. They were even dating.
   I had never felt so sad,humiliated and any other word that said more than being hurt. I guess the boys felt the same way because they didn't want to complete the game. What hurt me the most was that Grace didn't even care about what I felt and just continue playing the game like nothing even happened. It was so hurtful.
   Throughout the rest of the day I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I didn't feel like drawing at all. After the hurt I started feeling angry at my self for even thinking she liked me. I then got angry with her because she knew how I felt but she kept on behaving normal and didn't care to tell how she felt. It was also very embarrassing because everyone kept on looking at me with pity and sympathy. Even the teachers kept on asking what was wrong because I wasn't listening during the lessons. I felt like just punching someone even though my tiny
hands would not make a difference at all. I just wish the day would end quickly.
   And that Grace would just drop dead.