13. The Real Noob. (Ajey's POV)

Ajey's POV

I closed the door behind me and removed what Ahalya would have called 'camouflage'. I smiled at the memory, but suddenly realised what had happened to her. I was so worried.

I had went to the closest medical store to buy the medicines that were prescribed to her. Meanwhile, Yash was there beside her in my room.

I was so worried about her, but at the same time, I was somewhat mad. Matlab, cycle chalate samay, wasn't she looking around for other vehicles?

I climbed the stairs when mom called out, "Ajey, uthh gayi Ahalya?"

I turned to face her in the kitchen. "No, mummy. She's still unconscious. Yash uske saath hi baitha hai."
"Achha, thik hai. Just call me when she wakes up.", she said.

I nodded and went to my room. No sooner had I opened the door, than I saw a startled Ahalya sitting upright onto my bed and staring horrifically at me.

I placed the bag of medicines on my chair and rushed to her without thinking. It was as if a huge burden was off my shoulders. I hugged her fiercely. She flinched.
Shit. I forgot about her wounds.

I pulled away and said, "Sorry, sorry. I forgot-"

But before I could complete, she said, "Oh, fuck it." and hugged me with double the pressure. I chuckled despite myself.

"What happened? I mean, mujhe pata hai accident hua, but....what happened? Which was my original question...Ugh, my head's killing me!", she said and tilted her head backwards to rest on the wall.

I reached out to her and swept away a lock of her hair from her sweaty forehead. The movement took her by surprise, but then she realised that I was allowed to do so. So, she retracted. I smiled to myself.

"So, you must be Yash bhaiya?", she asked Yash. "Yes, nice to meet you. Just stay here till you get fine, okay?", Yash smiled at her.

"Why am I here? How did you know about my accident? Did someone call you? Kaise hua accident?", she asked, glancing between me and Yash.

"Let me explain. Tu cycle chala rahi thi, when a car hit you. Apparently, the car was fast and the lady inside it honked, but because of your very bad habit of always listening to songs in every god damned place, you didn't here it, and here we are. Which also reminds me, aaj ke baad kabhi bhi unappropriate jagaah mein songs sunne ki koshish ki, maa kasam tera Walkman uthha ke jalaa dunga, I swear.", I threatened.

She made a face at me and said, "Fair enough."

I continued, "Phir the people gathered around you and took your phone and tried searching the contacts for your dad. But apparently, tune tere papa ka naam kisi aur naam se save kiya hoga, haina? So, they didn't get it."

"Yeah. It's saved under the name 'Mogambo' ", she looked down at her lap embarrasingly.

"Wh-what are you? A 5-year old?", I asked her.

"Arey Ajey, go easy on her, yaar." Yash said.
"What go easy on her? She could have...kuchh ho jata toh isse?", I said. Which was the truth. I am still worried about her. The pain of this all...

Yash said,"We will ignore you. So, then teri contact list mein pehla naam Ahaan ka tha. But he didn't pick it up. So, alphabetically, next was Ajey and someone called him. He was so scared for you. So raha tha jab phone aayaa, aur uthh ke seedha bhaaga chala aayaa. Anyways, phir they carried you in an ambulance with Ajey by your side. And they did all the stitching. Aur haan, your left leg has got a minor crack in it's bone and your forehead was bleeding heavily, hence the bandage. Aur arms pe minor wounds. It must pain like hell, no?"