22. 101- Chomu Found. (Ajey's POV)

I think y'all deserved to know what was going on in that messy little place called Ajey's mind.

Also, the major reason about writing this is that I am enjoying way too much in writing this snippets lmao.

So, here are snippets from his POV. Teehee :)

*************************************

Ajey's POV

10th December, 2021.
5:35 p.m.

I looked at my watch to see the time.
Yash glanced at me questioningly. I just shrugged in response.

Me, Yash, Ahaan and Ahalya had came to a book fair kind of thing. Today, a book titled 'The Chronicles of the Assassins of Demetrius' had published their eighth and final book.
And as expected, Ahalya was flipping out.
She had asked me, Yash and Ahaan to be there with her when she bought it to pay tribute to this 'phenomenal' book.

To be really honest, mujhe yeh book series ka naam yaad rakhne mein bhi ghanto lag gaye.

Me and Yash were standing out of sight for obvious reasons.
The bheed here was so huge and it has been almost half-an-hour and the twins still hadn't returned.

Suddenly, I saw them both exiting the building. She had a very heavy book clung to her, her face down.
Aah, I get it, she was sad.

I pointed to Yash. He straightened up immediately. She neared me, her eyes brimming with tears.

"Kya-"
Before, I could complete the sentence, she slammed into me, the book hitting me in my stomach.
She started crying.
"Arey arey, ro kyu rahi hai?", I said and carresed her hair.

"It's over. It's all over. 8 years se padhh rahi hoon. I can't even count how many times I have read it. And-and this is the last book! What am I going to to after it gets over?", she said in between her sobs.

I could feel the wetness of my tshirt caused by her tears on my chest.
"Things aren't always meant to last. Had the series been going on forever, would you have appreciated it? No, na?"

Yash pulled her away, wiped her tears and said, "Don't cry, re! There are more books that you have to read, hai na? Chalo now, read this last one and say goodbye to it with smiling face, okay?"

She nodded her head vigorously.

I stared at her face. It was all red and her eyes were puffy, the tears still peaking through her almond-shaped eyes.
I shook my head with a smile.

"Aah, come here.", I said and hugged her again.

This chomu, I tell you!
She had shrugged her shoulders when she had almost failed in maths in her college, and hadn't even cried during her awful accident.
Seeing her cry over a book, I couldn't help but fall for her even harder.

-

15th December, 2021.
9:47 a.m.

"Yash, woh yahan nahi rakhna tha. Mere cupboard main tha, chutiye!", I screamed at him.

"Toh chutiye, tu apna samaan khud rakha kar. Aage se mujhe na bulaio!"

He descended down the ladder. We were in my room and setting it up all again.
Pure ghar ki safai ho rahi hai and mom had ordered us to set up our respective rooms.
Ab tak puri jagah mein bhasad machhi hui hai.

Ahalya had said that she would come to help. She said ke she was free anyways and it would also provide her a distraction from her book trauma.

As expected, she had completed the book within 4 hours the very same day.