Let the Walls Breakdown pt.8

“Celebration’s a bit early, I guess?”

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Jack and Leah, standing at the doorway.  Alex woke up to and pulled me closer to him. I smiled up to him, and uttered good morning.  He played with my hair and smiled, not saying a word. So this is what good feeling is like, without worrying about any problems that’ll go through your way. Just you, and your love ones, having a great time together. Alex kissed me on the forehead before getting off bed.

Jack covered Leah’s eyes “ hey man, throw a clothes on! It’s not really appropriate for innocent people like this lad beside me”

Leah took Jack’s hand away from her face “ shut up Jack. I’m really used to at seeing guys naked”

“you do?”

“ yeah, duh” she sent a  meaningful look at Jack, like she’s trying to tell something, which can’t be told in public.

He smiled “ oh right.. but still”

“ I’ve seen you naked a lot of times, why will you still cover my eyes” she said as she walked away

“ because you might be turned on by him” Jack replied as he followed her, their voices echoing through the hallway.

“ you’re pathetic” she muttered.

I sat up and covered my body with my blanket. Alex who still looked sleepy, grabbed his pants from the bed post.

“ I better change now, right?”

“ suite yourself”

He smiled and went to the bathroom. I quickly closed the window and draw the curtains shut, then I locked the door just so I can change in to something appropriate. Afterwards, I went downstairs, saw all of them sitting and watching TV in the living room like nothing happened.

“ sup guys?”

“ oh hey Cherish” Beatrice smiled “ how was your night?”

“ awesome” I said as I got an apple from the kitchen “ not the usual night”

Rian stood up in shock “ what does she mean?”

“ always the slow one” Zack rolled his eyes.

I sat beside them and saw what they’re watching, the TV said that there’s a storm in another part of the U.S. Kara looked at me oddly when she heard about it, like she’s telling me that my birthday is bringing bad luck to another.

“ what?” I groaned “ maybe it’s just a coincidence, you know?”

“ I was just kidding” Kara wrapped her arms around me and smiled “ happy birthday “

“oh yeah” Beatrice snapped while munching a toast “ its your birthday today!”

I glared at her  “ oh no, its not” I said mockingly

She smiled and gave me a hug “ I’m  just kidding, happy birthday stupid.” I hugged her back.

“ the four of us will greet you later” Leah said, referring to her, Jack, Zack and Rian.

“ so it’s scheduled?”

She nodded “ afraid it is”

Alex went down stairs, busy from fixing his hair.  I focused on the TV, heart melting because of what  happened in their place. His phone suddenly rings, so he went outside first to answer it. I cant believe

that I’m already 23 years old. This could be the age where I can start over again, change in to a person who’s not over emotional and get over the things that made you sad.