Hide and Seek

Ali's POV

"Where are ya, you little monkey!?" I heard Cole call. Cole and Emma were playing hide and seek.

Emma was taken away from her mom. She is in our care. Before Emma got taken away, her mother had another baby. That baby is also in our care.

Emma loves having a baby brother.
Her baby brothers name is Josh. He is 4 months old. He favors me over Cole.

I walked into our room; where Cole and Emma were playing. I bopped Josh on my hip, swaying.

Cole was crouched down, looking under the bed. I laughed, walking over to the crouching Cole. I put Josh next to Coles face.

"Ehem" I coughed. Cole looked over. He screamed.

"AHHH!" Cole screamed. Emma laughed. The laugh came from the closet.

"Em, come out. Cole was frightened by Josh again." I said, sighing.

Em came out from the closet, giggling.

"Can I hold him?" Emma asked.

"If you sit down." Cole replied for me. Em nodded and sat herself on the bed.

I slowly handed Josh to his sister. Emma is doing better. She actually knows how to hold him now, and won't drop him.

"The real reason I came in here is to say, that lunch is ready." I announced.

"I like food." Emma said.

"So does your uncle...." I said, glaring at Cole.

"I like something more..." Cole said, smirking at me.

"Me too..." Emma added. Cole and I looked at her, astonished.

"And what would that be?" Cole asked, taking Josh into his arms.

"Dessert..." Emma said, patting where Josh was.

"Oh good.." I said, puffing out air.

"What is yours, Coco?" Em asked.

"Your auntie.." Cole said, once again, smirking. Cole and I aren't married, but Em started calling me auntie, so why not?

"Later..." I said, walking out to the table. I heard footsteps behind me.

I sat on the table. Cole put Josh in his high chair and came in front of me.

"Em, can you go get paper towels from the pantry?" Cole asked.

"Yeah!" Em said, skipping off to the pantry.

"Why'd you send her off? We have paper towels some over there." I said pointing to the counter.

"I know.." Was all Cole said. He kissed my nose. Then my lips. I smiled and bit my lip.

Em came skipping back in. I pushed Cole away slightly, stopping him from kissing me. Cole chuckled.

"Here!" Emma said handing the roll to Cole. He sat them on the table. I picked up Emma and put her at the foot of the bar. I gave her her food.

"Come and get it, Cole." I said pushing the sandwich.

"You or the sandwich?" Cole asked, flirtily.

"Cole Pendery!" I shouted under my breath.

"Emma Pendery!" Emma budded in, mouth full if sandwich. I sat next to Josh's chair, to feed him.

"Just eat your sandwich, Cole.." I said, feeding Josh. Cole chuckled and began to eat.

"I still want you, too." Cole added.

"Later!" I said, chuckling.