Chapter 5 ~ Anguish

+

I told Ashton I needed the toilet and asked which room it was. On my way I bumped into Luke. Now when I say I bumbed into him, I don't mean I saw him on my way, I crashed straight into him like a rhino! 'Oh, shit, I'm so sorry!' I mumbled. 'Um. Don't worry about it, it was an accident!' Luke seemed to have sweat dripping from his forehead, the same things happens to me when I get embarrassed. 'So, since when did Ashton have an actual friend?' Luke asked, still very hesitant. 'I kinda fell on him' I whispered. I felt my cheeks flush a bright red. He answered with 'Wow' although their was no sense of amusement in his voice. 'What?' 'Nothing' the sigh that came after was clearly unintended as he looked down, almost ashamed. 'I-I never thought you be this awkward in person,' oh crap why did I say that? 'Umm, um' he continued 'umming' for another minute till he finally resumed his ashamed position. 'I guess I'm not exactly helping?' I felt unbelievably embarrassed at this point and was about to turn away 'Chelsea, wait' I was shocked he even knew my name. 'I'm not really this awkward if you get to know me' and with that he turned away and went back into his room. I stood in my spot for another few seconds, registering what had just happened. What did he mean by 'if you get to know me' was he trying to imply something? I decide to eradicate that thought and wander back to Ashton's room. 'Hey, what took you so long?' 'Oh just had a little bump on my way' 'figures' I chuckle at his answer. This was the happiest I had been in years. I wasn't about to let that slip away. 'Did you mean it about being best friends?' I asked 'of course' 'pinkie swear?' I reach out my pinkie finger to him 'pinkie swear' as he says this our pinkies lock together. 'God we are childish' I laugh. 'That's what makes us so fun!' We continue our day acting like 5 year olds, till I remember I have to return to my pit. My pit, that is my home. After staying in Ashton's beautiful Mansion all day, I want prepared to go back there. But I couldn't escape the inevitable.

+