Dance lessons

McGonagall was walking around the room, talking about the Yule ball. Zara was standing next to me, trying to get one of the Weasley twins to look at her.

"Do you think he'll ask me?" She leans into my ear.

"Don't know, maybe you could just ask him?" I shrug her off. It was weird to see a version of Zara that wasn't as confident.

"Miss Salem." McGonagall suddenly says. Shit, I haven't been listening.

"Yes Professor?" I step up slightly pretending as if I've been paying attention.

"Come join me over here." I walk over to the middle of the room. I stand right next to Ron.

"Mr Weasley, put your hand on her waist."

"Her what." He looks mortified.

"My waist." I reply before she can. He swallows and his Adam's apple bobs. He looks around the room.

"You know what, come over here, your gonna be my dancing partner." She seems to be fed up with all of us.

"Mr.Malfoy, Miss Salem, I presume you know the traditional dance?" She pulls Malfoy out by his arms and shoves him at me.

He puts his hand on my waist, pulling me in slightly.

I can feel my heart beating 1000 miles per hour.
She puts on the music and our feet start to move in sync. He looks everywhere, except my eyes, while on the contrary I focus on his eyes. He gently lifts and spins me around in the air, as if he's carrying a feather. His eyes finally meet mine. I don't even realize, that I'm smiling like an idiot as we continue to dance. He's smiling to, redness spreading to his cheeks. I laugh when he gracefully spins me around.

But sadly, all good things come to an end and the music stops. All of the student are laughing and giggling amongst eachother. He smiles at me, bows and then laughs. All of the tension and stress in my body melts away.

"It was an honor dancing with you, Mr.Malfoy." I say sarcastically and we both laugh.

I catch up to Zara. She's talking to a Weasley twin.

"Hi... Fred?" I say.

"George." Zara slams her elbow into my rib so hard i yelp. George shoots me an apologetic glance.

"It's fine, my own mother can't tell me and Fred apart. I'll see you later Zar." He smiles and walks away. Zara grabs my wrist and drags me into the nearest bathroom.

"HE ASKED ME TOO THE YULE BALL!" She hollers. She grabs my hands and starts to jump around.

"Who are you going with, Malfoy?" She fixes her hair in the mirror.

"No? Why would I be going with him, he has Pugface." I reply, fixing my lip gloss.

"Did you not see the smile on his face when he was dancing with you, I've never seen him gleam like that Lil. Maybe you should ask him." She looks me in the eyes.

"I might." I smile to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make my way over to the common room. Everyone's at dinner, so I figured I would just skip it and go do my homework. I wasn't hungry anyway. When I walk in, Malfoy is sitting on the couch.

"Malfoy? Why aren't you at dinner?" I plop down beside him on the couch.

"Pansy asked me to meet her here, and I didn't feel like eating." He says, as I pull out my homework.

We end up talking for the next 15 minutes, I completely forget abt my homework. Pansy walks in.

"Can you like, leave? Satalker." She hisses at me. I roll my eyes and gather my things, moving to one of the desks.

I can hear bits and pieces of the conversation. My heart drops when I here Pansy,

"I was wondering if you would be my date to the Yule ball." She says. I don't show any emotions, or look in their direction even. I feel my stomach drop. She waits for his response.

"Alright." He says, in a somewhat angry tone. I feel my jaw clench and I can't hear anything anymore. I scribble my homework answers down furiously, as Pansy skips out of the room. I don't look up. I sit for another 15 minutes, before gathering my crap into my bag and heading off to my room.

Lottie is sitting on her bed, reading. I slam my bag onto the ground.

"What's wrong?" She picks my bad off the ground and hangs it on the hook near the door.

"I don't-t  she as- he I don't kno- it was." I stumble across my words, frustration dancing on my tongue.

"Relax. Start over." She calmly places her hands on my shoulders and sits me down beside her. I explain to her what had happened.

"Why are you upset though." She knows why, she just wants to hear me say it.

"I wanted to go with him Lottie." I through my head back onto her bed.

"It's alright Lil, we'll go as friends. Fuck Pansy and Her stupid Pugface." I laugh and give her a hug. God I loved Lottie, what would I do without her.

"C'mon it's time to go down to the lake, the second task starts soon."

We make our way down to the lake, the awfully cold air reaching my lungs. When we get there, the participants were already in the water. We waited quite some time before everyone, except Fleur who forfitted, came out of the water. Cedric was the first person up, he was with Cho Chang. Next came Krum and Hermione. Shortly after Ron, and some girl I didn't recognize come up from the water. Everyone scans the water for Harry, who shoots up coughing. The crowds cheer.

I would glance at Draco from time to time, who was starting at me. His eyes never left my body. It would make me feel good, until I remembered that he was going with Parkinson to the ball. I walked back to my dorm in silence.