Breeze from the Sea (fluff) (Draft: 10/13/20)

Izuru's POV:
Back and forth...

The boat sways from side to side, and it's peaceful, but it got boring quickly. There was another figure on the other side of the room, but he was asleep against the wall. I couldn't see his face well, as he was hidden in the shadows, exposing me to the sunlight from the window.

A sudden jolt from the boat woke him up and made me a little shaken up too, but I collected myself and stared at the now awake figure, who was staring back at me.

"It's strange, isn't it? Finally being captured by the Future Foundation after all these years... how, wonderful!"

He finally spoke, and his enthusiasm was clearly unexpected, but I soon lost interest and stared out the small window, which was open to let the breeze through. The boat suddenly turned, focusing the sunlight on the man now. I noticed he was holding himself and shivering, but I didn't think much of it.

"Ultimate Hope, correct?"

I just looked at him, then looked back at the window.

"A quiet one, interesting..."

"...You're correct" I finally spoke.

His eyes widened and he gave me a crazed smile. "How lucky! For me to meet the Ultimate Hope again! Ahh, after so long, I finally get to speak to him again," He said, his eyes swirling crazily.

"Be quiet"

He seemed taken back, but his crazed expression was gone and he gave me an innocent smile before staring out the window, also admiring the clear blue sky, a sight neither of us has seen in years.

He started shivering again, but it wasn't his crazed trembling he did when he got excited, it looked like he was a puppy caught in a snow storm.

"Is it just me, or is it really cold in here?"

I looked back at him, a clear confused expression plastered on my face. "You're wearing that jacket, so you shouldn't be shivering that much," I replied coldly, a hint of concern buried deep in my voice.

"Oh, I guess that would be concerning, but this jacket is really thin, it's only a fashion type of thing," he said with an innocent giggle, but his voice shaking. He didn't seem like the type of person to dress for style so it mildly surprised me, but I brushed it off.

After a few minutes of silence, he finally spoke up again. "Do you mind if I sit closer to you?"

That caught me off guard. "What? No, you can't"

A look of disappointment plastered across his face, but he then buried his face into his knees and shivered more. I honestly pitied him, but only a little. I wasn't going to waste my time on a boring, predictable man.

He suddenly spoke up. "I know what you're thinking, and I agree. 'Nagito Komaeda is boring, worthless, predictable, a good for nothing piece of shit,' But don't worry, those of just facts!"

I wanted to argue with that statement, but I also wanted to agree, but I didn't need to risk hurting him.

Maybe he isn't so predictable as I thought, and that kinda—makes me curious as to what he's gonna do next.

I noticed he was genuinely trembling now, but it wasn't from fear or excitement. Was he...

Crying?

"Are you alright?" I heard myself ask. I didn't mean to care, but here I am, caring about him. I got closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "I-I'm sorry you have to be so close to absolute garbage, someone who means literally n-nothing to the world. Someone y-you're pitying even though I'm just a piece of nothing compared to your g-godly existence"

Just how highly does he think of me?