Chapter 3; midnight thirst

I woke up, still seemed pretty dark. I sat up and checked my phone.

3:34

Hmmp. My throat was dry.

I left to the bathroom to find a cup. Nope. I gently walled down the hall, holding onto the wall. It was to dark to almost see, so I didn't want to fall down the stairs.

I met the railing, and trailed it with my finger all the way down. I stopped at the last few steps. I looked at a tiny desk lamp that sat on the Coffey table. Across it was Niall, with a guitar in his hands holding it in lap. He strummed a little bit, and sang softly. I couldn't here him Sinh but him playing guitar was soothing. The step son creaked. Before he looked up, I pretended I wasn't there for a few minutes, and just walked into the kitchen.

"What are you doing up?" I asked, yawning.

"I could ask the same." He retorted. touche.

"I'm thirsty, so I came to get a glass of water." I hesitated. "Were are the glasses?" I asked.

"Right above you." I looked up, and sure enough, there they were. I grabbed one filled it half way. I walked over and sat on the same couch as him, but kind of across him.

"Any good?" I asked. He just shrugged.

"I guess. I wouldn't say I was the best."

"What kind of music can you play? I asked again.

"Any request? Bet you, I might know." He smiled. I thought, for a few.

"Call it karma by Silverstein?" It tended to remind me of my mom at the moment.

"Of course. Great song." He commented. He started to strum the acoustic song itself.

"Blame it on the weather, but i'm a mess And this february darkness has me hating everyone And i know i need your comfort, but this drama makes me sick And the longer i lay here, i know it's harder to get up Without you

[chorus] Lose another day here Lose another year here I'm with you

Finally, something out there, that's making sense And it's just another trend carefully hidden in your dress And this cycles neverending, and this fashions overdone And the further that i run away, the further i'll come back To shelter...

[chorus]

Lose another day here Lose another year here I'm with you, You are the fire, on my apartment floor Sixteen stories, i'd rather burn then fall And it isn't fate, that took us all by storm It's just the turn of a card

You are the fire, on my apartment floor Sixteen stories, i'd rather burn then fall And it isn't fate, that took us all by storm It's just the turn of a card

Goodbye old friend Goodbye goodnight I'll move on You'll call it fate, i'll call it karma We had our time, it was fun While it lasted

I'll look back, (look back) With honor And no regrets I won't be mad, won't feel bad These memories (these memories Will never leave me Don't be sad Cause life goes on, life goes on It's getting too late (too late) Tomorrow is here"

I gaped at him.

"That was amazing. You should be famous!" I quietly exclaimed.

"You do know, me and the other guys are famous right?" he faced me a questioningly look.

"Oh. Yeah." I chuckled. I've.never heard of you guys though. You have to be good though, to be loved my girls." He just laughed.

"Yeah. Sometimes it's to much though. I live to perform, but I do it for music, not for the girls. Even though they are good looking." He grinned. Then there was a long pause. "Can I ask you something?"

"I don't see why not." I answered.

"How did your mom die." I hesitated. "I mean, I'm sorry if it's too personal, I'm just wondering." He said quite fast.

"It's fine. People are going to ask." I took another drink. "Well, she was a drug addict. For as long as I remember, she did extreme drugs and bad things. She had sex for money, that's how she paid for her feeding addiction, and some food. I worked a small amount of time, got some money, for a phone, and some make up. But she had an overdose, I guess. And I checked her, and nothing." I said chocking up on my last few words. I looked at him, and he had a few tears, maybe.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that."he said putting his guitar down, and running his hand through his hair.

"It's okay. I don't have a problem with explaining it at all." I said wiping my eyes. "besides, your really cool." I said reassuringly, causing him to laugh.

"Thanks." I nodded my head. "Hey, Liam is going to hang out with his girly friend tomorrow. Do you wanna hang out tomorrow?"

"You know what? Sure. You need to show me around this place."

"All right. We have a deal." he smiled. "Go to bed." He paused. "If you're not up by ten, I'm waking you up." He laughed.

"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled. "Goodnight." I went upstairs and feel asleep in my bed again. Drifting and falling.