Chapter 1

"I won't let you do this Sherman," said a voice.  "We cannot take the life of a little baby."

The man named Sherman was nearly crying, with a knife in his hand and blood on his shirt. Two bodies of a couple lay in front of him. "But then this girl will hunt us down when she finds out, she could be the cause of our end. And boss would kill us."

"I understand," said Chris, who was Sherman's sidekick. "But the girl will never know about us, she doesn't need to. And neither will boss." Then Chris did something really strange, he pulled out a paper and a pen from his pocket, and started writing a letter. "What are you doing?" Sherman asked his eyes still puffy from crying. "Writing a note.  We'll put the little girl in her rocker and leave her somewhere in the corner. We'll put a note with her, so that whoever reads it, understands the problem, and accepts the girl as their daughter."

And so they left the dark graveyard, leaving the little girl just outside it. Guilty of what they did.

The next day the sun rose, causing the girl to wake up from her sleep. Just as she woke, she started crying out loud. The graveyard was in a neighborhood, a happy neighborhood. Ironic, right?  There were houses of people rich and poor all alike. The girls' crying woke up a young lady of about 30. She had a pretty house and a handsome husband. The lady saw the girl, and read the note. She had a pretty surprised but calm look on her face, and she took the little child to her house.