Chapter 9

Finally! The day of the mission. Addison thought to herself. She got up early, got dressed packed all her essentials, charged her phone and camera (She had a passion for photography and she learned that Mt. Kailash is a scenic place) and at last, bid her parents goodbye. "Bye mom!" she said to Cassandra. "Addison, I still think you should say 'no' to Veronica," Cassandra insisted. "Mom-"she started but Austin jumped in. "Cassandra let her go. It's really an important mission. And she's old enough to take care of herself."

"Bye dad," Addison said

"Bye Ad. Take care!" Austin said.

***

Addison, Peter and Olivia had decided to meet at Starbucks near their house. Then the Rightside would send a car and they'd go to the airport. Now Olivia was stressed. Like really, really stressed. What would she say to her parents once she met them? She hadn't thought about that yet. The car from The Rightside arrived exactly at 9:32 AM in front of Starbucks as written in Veronica's e-mail. Olivia wondered how they did that. Yeah, the people knew a lot about punctuality. Then, a tall, big guy got out of the car. "Hey kids. I'm Lucky! I'll be accompanying you on this mission. Well not exactly," he said looking at the bewildered looks on their faces, "but I'll be around," he said. The three of them exchanged looks. "So... you're like our babysitter?" Peter asked. "Yeah, you could take it that way," Lucky said.   

"Well then let's get in the car!" Peter said.  They all got in and got comfortable. "Whoa! Is this computer for me?" Olivia asked. "Yes," Lucky paused, "but all three of you can use it," the man called Lucky said. There was something strange about him.

Their plane ride was pretty normal. Nothing too much exciting happened there. Peter was really excited because it was the first time he had ever travelled in a plane. "This is going to be the coolest vacation I am ever going to have," he screamed. "Yeah well don't get too excited Peter," Addison said. She was getting pretty bored because it was a really long flight. She was reading 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green. She really loved that book because 1) She NEVER got bored of it and 2) It was quite amazing and 3) It stayed with her forever. Finally, after twelve hours, their flight landed at Delhi airport. "Come on kids, we're going to drive all the way to Himachal Pradesh , the place where we found traces of Lucas and Hazel," Lucky told them after they collected their luggage.

"How long a drive is it Lucky?" Olivia asked.

"A pretty long one, but we have to reach there ASAP, so we will take as minimum breaks as possible," Lucky said. Olivia scowled. "Hey Olive," Peter said, "I can call you that right?" he asked hopefully. Olivia nodded, still scowling. "Okay, so now get a smile up your face and get ready to save your country." Olivia smiled.

"Now stop looking at each other, you two! Get inside the car," Lucky yelled, smiling. Addison, Peter and Olivia laughed and got inside the big SUV that awaited them. "Lucky?" Addison asked, "Are you going to be driving us?" "Yes Addison."

And so their big road trip to Himachal Pradesh began. Addison was mesmerized by the beautiful mountains and valleys on their way. She clicked a lot of photos while Olivia and Peter were busy talking about god knows what. "Lucky! Drive slow! I'm trying to click photos here!" She yelled at him. "Addison we're trying to reach our destination. I cannot afford to drive slowly now," he yelled back.

They took 4 breaks, two of 20 minutes each and two of 5 minutes. Peter had now got really bored. "Lucky when are we going to reach?" he asked. "Just one more hour, kid," he said. Addison and Olivia were sleeping. Peter too decided to dose off.

***

"Hey kids! Wake up! We're here!" Lucky screamed at the top of his voice. "Whoa dude! We're in the same car," Peter said. Olivia turns out had been awake since long. Addison was still sleeping soundly. "Addison WAKE UP!!!!!" Olivia shook her. Addison yawned and woke up. "Hey guys..." she started. "Are we there?" she asked. "Yes Addison," Olivia said. "Also we've got to study these reports that Lucky gave us, about, you know......" her voice shook. She still didn't want to see Lucas and Hazel. "Hey," Addison comforted her. "It's going to be alright, okay?" Olivia nodded; she almost had tears in her eyes. Peter patted her on her back. "We're going to rock this mission," he said, convincingly.

"Now you three have to be sharing a room, and I'll be beside you," Lucky said. "Also, the moment we get inside the hotel, you three are friends on a trip together and you are a total stranger to me, understand?" The three of them nodded. "These are trackers," he gave them each a small phone like device. "They have been programmed to track the Evil Side agents around us; they're going to be pretty useful. Lucas and Hazel have been spotted by these only. If you need to contact me, use your phones, but I don't think I am going to be able to help you anymore," he said. "Now get out of here! All the best!"

"Thanks L-man!" Peter said. Olivia, Addison and Lucky looked at him. "What!? I'm making nicknames for everyone!" All of them laughed.