Chapter 13

"Done!" Olivia shouted. "I un-hacked it!"

"Great Olive!" Peter said, scowling.

"Hey, what's with the bad mood and the scowl? I just did like a super major job. Aren't you supposed to reach to the ceiling and dance?" Olivia said.

"I would, but apparently people have a problem if I smile," Peter shouted so that Addison could hear him properly.

"Peter, just relax, okay. She's probably exhausted from talking to that receptionist. It's not every day that people learn that people learn they have a lookalike," Olivia tried to explain to him.

"She just did the talking Olive, we did the combat," Peter said.

"Well, if she didn't do the talking, I don't think there would've been combat possible." Olivia said.

"So now you're going to take her side?" Peter said.

"I'm not- you know what, just leave it!" Olivia said, irritated.

Peter stormed off to the lobby. "Where did he go?" Addison asked. She seemed in a better mood now. "I don't know and I don't care," Olivia said.

"Okay, I understand you don't know, but I know that you DO care," Addison said, grinning.

"And why would such a thought even occur to you?" Olivia asked incredulously.

"Oh I've seen you two. You're in love!" Addison laughed.

"We're not in love. Get that awful idea out of your head," Olivia said, blushing.

"Olive is in love, Olive is in love," Addison sang.

At least someone ended their day on a happy note!

The next morning, Addison woke up to the noise of the coffee machine, handled by Peter.

"UGHHHH! Why is that thing so loud! I have to sleep," Addison groaned.

"No you don't Addison. We have to start searching," Peter explained.

Searching for answers. Addison thought. She spent most of her night thinking about that torn picture Poonam was talking about. She did have a vague memory of that receptionist. Addison knew her. She just had to remember how.

"Peter, what's the time? And where's Olivia?" Addison asked. Peter was still scowling.

"It's 9.30 and Olivia's out for a stroll," Peter said. Certainly not his usual self.

"Shouldn't we be getting ready?" Addison asked. She suddenly felt so light headed.

"Olivia's already ready and so am I. We were waiting for you. We tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't so we decided to leave you and get moving and then you wake up! What I'm trying to say is, stop wasting your time and get out of your bed!" Peter said, almost yelling.

"Um, yeah," Within minutes Addison got dressed, took her coffee and left the room with Peter. "Call Olivia, will you?" Addison said to Peter. As they were getting down the elevator, her mind was fixed upon that receptionist. She needed answers.

"She said she is waiting for us at the reception," Peter said.

"Reception, you said?" Addison asked like a clueless child.

"Yeah. Addison what's wrong with you? Ever since we came back from that 'mini mission' of ours, you've been acting so strange. Is everything alright?" Peter looked concerned.

Great! Now all of a sudden he's concerned about me? Addison thought. "Yeah Peter, everything's alright. Just, lack of sleep I guess," Addison lied.

"Okay then. There's Olive, I see her," Peter said. He was pretty much back to his usual self.

"Hey!" she said to her.

"Hi. Addison, you got a good night's sleep?" Olivia asked Addison

"No-um, yes I mean," Peter shot a suspicious look at her.

"Okay then, let's get going!" Olivia said excitedly.

"Just a minute," Addison said and went to the reception. Poonam wasn't there. Some other guy was standing and attending to the visitors.

"Hey, is Poonam here today?" Addison asked the guy.

"No I'm sorry, she isn't. She called off sick today. Can I help you with something?" The man asked.

"Um- no thank you," Addison scuttled off to Peter and Olivia.

"Okay guys! I'm good to go!" Addison said and they went outside the hotel, into the deep to search for Lucas and Hazel Fudge who were hiding god-knows-where. "So where do we begin searching for these crooks," Peter asked. The word crooks immediately got Olivia's attention.

"Well I've got a lead on them," she said. Addison and Peter looked at her expectantly, wanting answers. "So last night I stayed up late and tried to get the tracking device to work, and fortunately it did, so I found out that they were near a place called Pashupatinath Temple near the Mt. Kailash mountain. After that the device stopped working."

"So I think we should go over there and start inquiries with people," Olivia explained.

"Yeah, we should do that. Maybe if the people noticed two English criminals walking the streets of the holy mountain Kailash," Peter said, in a sarcastic tone.

The three of them booked a taxi and headed to their place of investigation. Addison was still thinking of Poonam who had claimed to be her aunt. And it was clearly visible on her face that she was thinking something that wasn't related to their mission. "Addison, are you alright? Something is seriously wrong with you. You've been acting weird ever since...... you met that receptionist," Olivia says with a look of realization on her face. "Are you seriously thinking that you may have a lookalike?"