Chapter 18

All of them, along with Ayush and Siddharth went back to their hotel room. On their way, Addison asked again for Poonam but it turned out that she was still sick. It was almost nighttime now. The moon was shining and the stars scattered around it. Addison never got to see such a clear sky in London before. London. That seems so far away now. She thought about Mom and Dad, and wondered what the truth would be. She didn't know if she'd be ready for it.

"Tell me! Tell me the truth," she demanded.

"Buckle up guys, it's going to be a long night," Lucas said, laughing. He looked like a maniac.

"So, about 20 years ago, I met your father Zack Cruise," Lucas said.

"Wait- wait a second," Addison said. "Zack Cruise isn't  my father. Austin Harrington is my father."

"That is what you've been told. And Cassandra isn't your mother. Your mother's name is Aisha Gupta. Or rather was. I'll explain that later," Lucas said, looking at the confused look on Addison's face. "So I met your father. We were both Rightside agents. Always together. Best friends. Partners in crime. We were like brothers. Until..." his voice trailed off.

"Until what!?" Olivia shouted.

"Until the time, he started getting better than me. Our boss would give him more important missions, whereas I was given a desk job. I wanted adventure in my life. And I wouldn't get it. Only because your father, Zack Cruise, was their best agent ever. I was second best. And after  I broke my knee and had to get a surgery done, I lost all the strength and the moves I had in me. You see, I'd become boring."

"Rightside wouldn't give me an adventurous job, so I left them, gave them my resignation  and joined The Evil Side. At least The Evil Side appreciated my skills, didn't leave me with a desk job. Your father was always on the radar of The Evil Side. Him and your mother had together killed so many valuable agents of ours. Zack and Aisha even killed my boss, the very generous man who had hired me."

"After he died, I took  over, I became the head of the Evil Side, and I am now. Believe me, soon, someone will come looking for the both of us," he looked over at Hazel. "And we'll be gone before you know it," he laughed.

"Believe me, before they come here, we'll be off on our way to our London Headquarters," Peter said. "I just got a call from Veronica, she's arranged a jet for us. We'll be leaving in the next five hours. No need to go to the Delhi headquarters," he explained to all the Rightside agents.

Lucas snickered. "I'll continue now.  For a while I ignored them, Zack and Aisha, I didn't target them. But they always had to be on the radar. They killed and captured so many of my precious agents. But I let them go, for old times sake. But then, one day, they had just crossed the limit. Hazel was on a mission, to recruit a few agents and make them join The Evil Side. Your parents found her there. They'd always wanted to take Hazel as a hostage, so that they could know about our headquarters and declare war. They finally had that opportunity. They took her in. Tortured and tormented her. I'd had enough. So I did what was the right thing to do, I went there myself and killed both of them. I ordered my men, Chris and Sherman, to bury their bodies in a graveyard. I'd also told them to kill their daughter," he looked at Addison, "But it turns out both of them were real 'softies'. They didn't have the guts to kill a toddler of course. You were just a little baby. Barely even a year old. So when I heard that you were still alive, I was mortified. That is the reason I shifted to London."

"And what fools Chris and Sherman were! The people who found that note, with you in the cradle, were Rightside agents. In fact, Cassandra and your mum were the very best of friends. That is why they gave you the very best of a childhood," Lucas explained. He looked a little more sane now. "How did you digest this information?" he asked, that insane look back on his face.

Addison looked mortified. "Are you going to puke now?" Peter asked her. "Peter, people don't puke after being informed about their fake parenthood," Olivia said.

"Guys, I think I'm going to go out now. I just need a minute to myself," Addison said.

Olivia ran after her. Ayush stopped her "She'll be alright," he said.