Chapter 12

"Addison, you sure you know what to say?" asked Olivia.

"Yeah. I have it all up here," she pointed to her head.

"All the best then," Olivia said.

"You too. Remember, be careful alright? There are going to be guards in there. Knock them out if you have to," Addison said.

"We will," Olivia smiled.

***

"Hey," Addison went to Poonam. "It's Poonam, right?," she asked. Though she perfectly remembered what her name was.

"Hey Addison," Poonam replied nervously. She had recovered from the shock when she believed she had found her niece but it just happened to be her lookalike.

"So, I wanted to ask a few questions, if you don't mind?" Addison asked.

"Yeah, sure," Poonam said. But she was still busy doing the work on her computer. Addison could see Olivia and Peter sneaking behind Poonam.

"So that girl, your niece, Nandini, do you have a photo of her or something?" Addison asked hopefully. "Because, I vaguely remember you too. But my parents have no relatives living in India. I was just curious." Addison decided that she wanted to know the truth too.

"The only photo I have of my niece is at home," Poonam said. "Also I think that I really might be mistaken because my sister and her husband are dead. They were murdered. When I last saw my niece she was two years old. But I am pretty sure she would've looked like you when she grew up. Although I don't know if she's alive or not. I haven't seen her after then. Some tall English guy came up to my house and gave me the news of my sister's death. Though he did assure me that Nandini was safe," she explained.

Poonam showed Addison the photos on her phone. "Her photo's torn in half. I tried really hard to get the other half. I searched for months everywhere. But I couldn't find it," Poonam explained.

Even Cassandra and Austin kept a photo of Addison that was torn in half. She never asked much about it.

"Could you perhaps show me the picture?" Addison asked politely.

"I could but it's at my home. I could bring it tomorrow," Poonam said.

"Okay," Addison had been so engrossed in learning more about her lookalike that she totally forgot the reason she was talking to Poonam. Her phone rang. "Hey Addison, we got out, got what we needed. You can come back now," Olivia said on the phone. Then she hung up.

"Well, then I'll come back and visit you tomorrow," Addison said.

"Okay, Addison," Poonam said. "It was a pleasure talking to you."

***

"Tell me what happened," Addison said, almost yelling as she got back to the room. "Was it exciting? Was it dangerous?"

"Yes it was exciting and no it wasn't dangerous," Peter replied. It was often funny by the way he acted. He was funny and calm on serious situations and serious on funny and calm situations. Emotions pretty sure aren't supposed to work that way.

"Eh-you leave it. Olivia, tell me what happened," Addison said.

"So what happened is that we snuck in. There was just this one guy there who didn't even realize we were there until Peter said 'Hello' to him," Olivia gave Peter a nasty look, "Then he started asking all these weird questions, and we didn't know what to answer so we knocked him out. Then we searched for the hard drive and found it. We got out of there and called you," Olivia finished.

"Olivia let me tell you one thing. You're an awful storyteller," Addison said.

"Well, on the bright side, at least we got what we wanted," Peter said cheerfully and smiled creepily.

"Hey, hey!" Addison said to Peter, "Cut that  creepy smile off  your face. It scares the hell out  of me!"                                                                                                                                            

"Okay, okay!" Peter said defensively. "What I wanted to say was, we should get started on getting the computer back  again."

"You were trying to say that with a really creepy smile!?" Addison asked despicably.

"Well, Ad, a lot can be said from even the simplest of smiles. You should just know how to interpret it," Peter said, and that shut Addison down.