s.m⁴

relationship: strangers
tags: none
warning: none
word count: 0.6k
published: 10.20.20

"okay, we are going on set to film your makeup ad, but we're a bit early so they're finishing up a model's skincare ad." ateez's manager explained their schedule, the boys nodding along.

"okay, so do we just wait in the waiting room, or..." hongjoong spoke, checking his appearance in his phone camera for a brief moment.

"yes. you will get your hair and basic makeup done, and then once we start filming, all they need to do is put the sponsored product on and you know the rest."

"okay, we understand. thank you!"

...

ateez walked into the building and in order to do so, they caught a glimpse of the model that was currently finishing up their scene.

the model had beautiful, long hair. it was shiny and healthy looking, and the locks perfectly framed the model's clear face. the model was hiding behind a glowing ring wall, so only their head was visible, but even to be able to glimpse at their head and face as they passed by was enough to satisfy anyone's eyes.

"wow, did you see that model?" mingi fawned, his jaw dropped.

"yeah, she was so pretty! she looked tall too, do you think she was standing on a step stool or something?" san inquired.

"she's a model, i'm pretty sure she's just tall." hongjoong intervened, giving an incredulous look at his younger.

"well whatever, she was really tall...like taller than mingi and yunho hyung."

...

"ateez, you're up!" the group of eight walked out of their waiting room and they ended up being able to run into the model, she was watching the monitor as they went over the footage they got.

"hey, i heard she'll be here until we're done with our shoot. talk to her after!" wooyoung egged mingi on, and the older foolishly agreed, without much thought.

...

"thank you for your hard work!" ateez cheered before bowing.

"hey mingi, hurry! she's in her dressing room!" wooyoung spasmed, smacking mingi's shoulder.

"what are you two doing?" hongjoong interfered, hoping they weren't about to do something stupid. the two younger stared at hongjoong before wooyoung gave in.

"he's going to go talk to that model we saw earlier...in her dressing room." now that he had thought about it, it was a bit stupid.

hongjoong looked at them as if they were dumb, "are you kidding me? don't go embarrassing us—you can't go in her dressing room. you don't even know her!" he whisper yelled like a mother scolding her kids in public.

mingi shied away, but wooyoung stood straight. "we won't embarrass you—here, if it makes you feel better, i'll go with mingi to her dressing room!" wooyoung proposed, and the look on hongjoong's face let him know his answer.

"it doesn't..."

...

"you knock,"

"no, you knock,"

mingi and wooyoung argued over who should knock, their voices hushed.

wooyoung pushed mingi to the door and right when he did, the door opened and mingi bumped into a hard chest. mingi, thinking it was the female model, quickly backed up, bowing in apology.

when he'd stood up, he made eye contact with the model. it toook him a second to register who he was staring at. "oh, does she have a twin brother?"

a soft slap landed on the back of mingi's neck, "you idiot. that is her...him...them?"

"she's a he?!"

the model let out a laugh, "yes, i am a man. i take it you came here to talk to me, under the pretense that i was a female?" this guy sounded really smart-

mingi sputtered over his words, "u-uh yes. i'm sorry if you're offended. but i thought you were really pretty..."

"you thought? am i not pretty anymore because i'm a guy?" the model feigned offense.

mingi waved his hands and wooyoung just watched his friend make a fool out of himself. "no, no, you're very pretty. you still are! i just meant-"

"it's okay," he let out a chuckle, sticking his hand out, "i'm y/n."

mingi grabbed his hand, almost melting at how soft his skin was, "i'm mingi."