Song chapter! Basically no actual plot at all so have fun XD

The autumn leaves crunch under my feet, as I step closer to what feels like my doom.

I'm alone. Tammy definitely suspects, but I doubt she knows what I'm doing.

I couldn't tell any of them - I should be over my anger and sadness by now, so I didn't want to be ridiculed for it, or told what I already know: to get over it and move on.

As the cold air rushes past me, I shiver, and clutch Tammy's jacket closer to my chest. In my haste to leave and make sure I arrive on time, I grabbed the wrong jacket from our room. Now though I'm grateful, as it feels like she's here with me, providing me strength.

"Hi, Peachy." I hear Rue call out. I flinch at hearing my name leaving her lips in such a cheerful voice, as if she actually cared.

"Hi." I bluntly respond. She moves to talk, but I hold up my hand, silencing her.

"You're right, I'm a curious person. But I didn't agree to meet you because I'm curious. I agreed to meet you because I wanted to finally tell you how what you did made me feel."

Tears spring to my eyes as I continue. "You made me feel like SHIT. Like NOTHING I DID MATTERED. Honestly, for a while, I wanted to die. If it wasn't for my friends, then I probably would have turned out a lot worse than I am now. And if it wasn't for Tammy, I might still be damaged to the point of disrepair."

Rue rolls her eyes and tries to interrupt me, but I refuse to allow her to get a word in.

"No. You're not allowed to speak to me. You hurt me so bad. SO BAD. And you never felt guilty, you seemed pleased at the pain you caused me, as if I deserved it. You have tons of friends, while I only have a select few - if I'm the protagonist and you're the villain, then WHY HAVE YOU WON?!" I scream, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Because you're nothing." She says to me, finally getting a chance to interrupt while I catch my breath. "You're absolutely nothing at all. Nothing worth existing, at any rate. Tell me something:" Her voice turns into a whisper; "If you're the supposed 'hero' then why have you lost? That's right because you were too weak to win."

She chuckles, drawing away from me, but I catch her arm and hold tightly.

"I'm not weak at all. I'm not the one hiding behind a fake façade, pretending to be kind, and sweet and a FUCKING PACIFIST, WHEN ALL YOU DO IS BRING PAIN EVERYWHERE YOU GO!" With those words, I rip her arm away from me, causing her to tumble onto the ground.

"Hi Rue, I got us our... drinks... Peachy?!"

I spin around, hair blowing in the breeze. "Glad you could finally join us, you backstabber."

"I - what?!" The girl says in shock.

"Besides choosing Rue over me, you lied. You told me I was your closest friend and that Rue had become a horrid person, and yet I find out this entire time you've been blabbering the opposite things to her and her friends - that I'm the horrid one. What do you have to say for yourself, Madison?"

"I... uhh..." She stammers, trying to figure out the right words to say. I hold up my hand, silencing her.

"Don't even bother explaining."

I walk back, so that they both are in my vision without me turning my head.

"I want you both to know EXACTLY how I feel."

I take a deep breath in, close my eyes; and begin to sing.

"Times like this, I wish I never existed - nobody wants to listen - I'm screaming out for help. Times like this, I wish that I could let go and open up a window, free to be myself." I open my eyes and glare at them, first Madison. "But then there's you - standing over me, tryina make a fool of me, tryina get the best of me, oh!" Then I face Rue. "Then there's you - tryina shut me out, tryina kick me when I'm down - that ain't gonna stop me now, no."

I walk toward them, singing my favourite part loud and clear:

"How does it feel to know that I don't care at all? Your words don't mean a thing at all; I choose to rise, you choose to fall. How does it feel to know that I am capable? Of more than you will ever know!"

I somehow find the strength to sing even louder: "Don't tell me I'm not good enough! Don't you bring me down! I'm moving up - and you're over now. You gave me fire! Every time you came around; my feet are steady on the ground! And you won't knock me down no more! Now I'm unbreakable. Now I'm unbreakable."

I sigh, feeling a calming rush of wind fly by, and continue: "Times like this, I'm picking up the pieces, I'm making up the reasons not to tell a soul. Times like this, I'd rather speak to no one - I just wanna move on and stand up on my own."

As I sing the chorus again, I start to dance, losing myself to the feeling in the music, singing louder and louder. If I cried I didn't notice, my only thought being that I hope they understand the pain they put me in. Once the chorus ended, I moved onto the final verse.

"I remember getting teased as a kid - 'cause at the place that we lived. We never had it easy, believe me, but that don't excuse the things that you did." As I sing this line, I remember how poor I was - and when I had moved to a new school, my friends lived far away, leading to me always getting left out and ignored by everyone else. "Wouldn't accept that I was never accepted. Shed so many tears like I fell in depression - thought if I changed, I wouldn't get called names, but it was all the same, I was feeling rejected."

I changed my voice to lecture mode, properly trying to drill into these girls how they made me feel.

"Putting someone down that's a low blow. What goes around comes around like a yoyo. Wish that I could stop time like a photo - but we stand strong, bounce back like a pogo!"

As I get ready to sing the final chorus, Rue and Madison looking completely overwhelmed by emotion, I get fiercely hugged.

"I - Tammy?" I say - shocked and happy that she's... that EVERYONE'S HERE?

"Guys? How did you find me?" I ask. Tammy rolls her eyes.

"Peachy, you're so obvious when you're trying to hide something. Next time just tell us. We're here for you."

Overcome with emotion, I kiss Tammy, and smile, eager to finish my song.

"All together guys!" I shout, readying the world for a deafening cry.

"Don't tell me I'm not good enough! Don't you bring me down! I'm moving up! And you're over now! You gave me fire! Every time you came around! My feet are steady on the ground - and you won't knock me down!"

"No more! No more! No more!" Everyone else sings behind me. Tears once again spring to my eyes at their support and love.

"Now I'm unbreakable." I say, wiping my tears away.

"Oho! Oho! Oho!" Everyone cries in chorus, leaving me to say the finishing lines:

"Now I'm unbreakable."

And I smile.

Yeah this is a song based chapter, but I wanted to do it for a while, so I don't care XD

Hope you guys enjoyed, and I should be back for another chapter soon.

But for now...

Peachy out! 😊