Childhood Daze{3}

POV: Sang Sorenson

Episode 3: Jump Rope and Hopscotch

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I was still smiling at Luke's 'life lesson' through coloring. It was true; I'd always thought that if you could just find something to smile at, then everything would work out for the best somehow. Of course, his coloring made me smile but in the long term, I knew I would have 9 things to make me smile everyday for the rest of my life because these 9 men were my family.

Mr. Blackbourne's voice was quiet as he said "Ms. Sorenson, perhaps you would like to change your attire while we prepare the next activity?"

I nodded but before I left the room I asked "What are we doing next?"

Gabriel's grin was absolutely beautiful as he said "JUMP ROPE!"

And, instead of Luke as I would have guessed, it was Nathan who started bouncing up and down like Gabriel and shouted "AND HOPSCOTCH!"

Kota said "I'm still not sure about the Hopscotch guys."

"Why, Kota? Is it a hard game?," I asked curiously. If all of the guys didn't agree that we should play it, maybe it was too hard and I'd only mess it up.

"No, Ten," Kota said but was cut off as Silas said "I've never played the hopscotch either. I'd like to with Aggele."

Nathan added "Yeah, Kota, and Peanut no it's not hard at all."

Kota said "It's not the difficulty. I was just unsure about the marking up the street but if you are all this eager to do so, I have no more reservations."

I caught Gabriel rolling his eyes but he didn't say anything else. He mimed for me to do something and I wished he spoke sign language like Luke, Kota, and me (well me a little). His movements were funny and uninhibited as he moved his hips exaggeratedly side to side, did a hair flip, put his hands in front of him, and did a little pout with his lips. As I watched, he fluttered his eyelashes repeatedly and then pointed from himself, to me, and finally to Kota. 

Ahhhh. He wanted me to get Kota. 

Giggling, I walked over to Kota but the hips thing I couldn't do. It would feel funny I think. And the hair flip wasn't really me but I held my hands clasped in front of me and put my lips into a pout. Fluttering my eyelashes, I felt sure he was going to ask me if I had something in my eye. 

"Ah Ten, it's ok. I didn't mean anything bad....Don't worry, you get dressed and we'll get the chalk and everything. You can even help draw the blocks." Blocks?

That reminded me I still didn't really know how to play this Hopscotch game but I was so happy he gave in that I just jumped on him with my arms around his neck and squeezed tight anyway. His arms encircled my waist and his cheek rested on the top of my head. He squeezed once then release me saying "Okay?"

I nodded and ran off up to my room to change my shirt again. 

The next shirt on the bed was white with black and pink words. There was a black and pink bow at the bottom of the words. I laughed as I read it aloud, sure Gabriel and maybe North had picked this one

out.

Bad to the Bow