Childhood Daze{4}

POV: Sang Sorenson

Episode 4: A Dinner Filler

NOTE:  The meal is called Hungarian Chicken Paprikash and the recipe comes from several free online recipe websites.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Sadly, it began to get dark so Mr. Blackbourne decided "We should shelve any other activities for another day and begin the preparations for dinner." 

Agreeing--I believe the guys were secretly tired especially Gabriel and Luke as they didn't even attempt to whine their way into playing longer--we all packed up the jump ropes and Kota and North used water hoses to fill up water guns for us. Nathan did mention that we would be using those another day but for now, we used them to wash away all traces of our Hopscotch fun. I  was sad to see mine fade back into the dull grey of concrete but knew I would treasure the memories for as long as I lived.

Once inside, I moved to the kitchen. The boys had been giving me my childhood today so it was only fair that I cook.

"Sang Baby, why don't you rest and maybe watch some tv with the others? I'll fix us something to eat."

Luke entered the kitchen with his brother announcing "I'll help him. We can knock out something good really quick."

I smiled but shook my head. "I don't mind. I've been thinking of a recipe that I think I would like to make." I've never been a big eater and the recipe was for a meal that would feed plenty; also, it seemed more than just a casual type of meal. I never wanted to fix it when it was just myself. "If you all don't mind, I'd like to see if you like it?"

North nodded but Luke came over and wrapped his arms around me laying his head on my shoulder. "What recipe? Can I help you  with it at least?"

Giggling at his pleading tone, I told him "I'd really like it to be a suprise for you all. As a thank you. You've done so much for me. Not just today. Ever since I met you..you've--"

"Oy Trouble are you gettin all mushy on these guys? You'll have North blubbering in his dinner." Gabriel laughed as he came into the kitchen smoothly taking me from Luke's arms and dodging a swipe from North at his head.

"Hi, Meanie. I was just saying how thankful I am for all of you and all that you do for me." A slight blush rose up in his cheeks and he leaned down. I puckered my lips thinking his was going to kiss me. Instead, his tongue came out and he swiped it on my cheek. Giggling, he released me and yelled "Mine!"

North got his hit that time as we all heard the smack of his hand hitting Gabriel's head. Ducking, Gabriel put his hands on his head and kicked out. His foot grazed the side of North's lower leg and Luke mumbled "ooooh. It was nice knowing you buddy."

Gabriel's eyes widened as North's narrowed. He took off running and North winked at me with a small smile before he took off after him. I turned to Luke. With a palm on his cheek, I smiled "Go play with them Luke. I'll call you all for dinner in a little bit. No more than an hour."

Groaning, he pecked me on the cheek and ran off giggling on silent feet. Those boys. I mentally shook myself. My boys.

Moving around the kitchen, I started taking out the things I knew I would need. I had seen the recipe in a book I saw in the diner one day when we were cleaning up so that Uncle could close it up for the night. I figured it was Uncle's recipe book, but when I asked, North had mentioned that he'd never seen it before. Hopefully, they would like it. It had caught my attention mainly because it said that it was a quick recipe for 10, and I remembered that Kota always calls me 10, and that we have 10 people in our family. The number just made sense. The name was also something a bit unusual and, well, look at Kota and me. Unusual names also just made sense.