1

Yamaguchi POV

As I walked up the steps to my new high school I felt a rush of excitement wash over me. Maybe something about how the paint on the side of the building was faded and the chatter of the other students made this whole thing feel real.

I pushed the front doors open and walked inside, hearing the sound of my sneakers squeak against the tile floor. I took a quick look around and immediately spotted the different types of friend groups. Judging by appearances I could see the stereotypical sports jocks, emo kids, geeks, and a group of weebs gushing over a poster of an anime character.

This is so cool! This is so much different from homeschool.

I dug through my backpack for my schedule and pulled out the crumpled piece of paper, quickly scanning over it. My homeroom teacher was Mr. Miller in room 124. I looked at the nearest door and saw the number 119.

Ok, I'm so close! I just have to find the right door.

I started to speed walk down the hall, counting the room numbers in my head.

120

121

122

123

"Oof!"

My counting was stopped short by me running into someone and falling to the floor, causing the papers in my bag to go everywhere.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you ok!?" I heard a voice yell.

I opened my eyes and was met with a strange sight. There was what seemed to be a junior high kid jumping up and down in a small circle, causing his orange sweater to come up slightly.

"Oh, yes I'm fine. I should have looked where I was going." I chuckled nervously and started to gather the papers that scattered all over the floor.

I saw the student lean down to help me, and in no time we had all the papers picked up.

"Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Hinata Shoyo. I'm a second-year!" He smiled and stuck out his hand. I took it and shook hands with him.

"I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi. I'm also a second year."

At that, the bell rang and Hinata jumped off the floor, pushing his backpack a little higher on his shoulders.

"Well, see you later Yamaguchi!" He said and ran off towards what I assumed to be his homeroom.

I smiled to myself.

Maybe this year won't be so bad after all.

~~~~~~~~

Hi guys!

So, I have no idea what my posting schedule for this book is going to be. I'm thinking either once or twice a week. I'm just not writing fast enough to post everyday. Yes, all of the chapters are shorter than in other books. So far they are averaging around 400-500 words.

(After I wrote this note: I'm thinking of on updating Saturdays and Wednesdays!)

Please no one tell me that this book is literally a cliche after a cliche. I know. It's supposed to be like that.

Have a nice day/night!

~Claire