Chapter 1

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ғᴀʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛs ᴜᴘ, ɪs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇʟʟ

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ғᴀʟʟs ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛs ᴜᴘ, ɪs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴇʟʟ.❞

박성훈

She found herself gawking at him as he glided from one side of the room to the other, his body emitting emotions with such ease and elegance. His feet advances with smooth twirls and spins while his arms sway in the air as if he were to touch the luminous stars in the high firmament. The lofty mirrors against each wall of the room would replicate the same lustrous moves, while the muscles in his body began to drain up his energy. He continued to desperately enhance his moves as he became one with the floor, synchronizing with the music that radiated from the speakers.

She remained tranquil as she continued to watch him in awe from the staircase, admiring how light his body seemed to be as he did this contemporary elegancy.

"Aish~" Sunghoon grunted, as he stumbled over his foot, trying to regain his balance. Beads of sweat slid down his well-structured canvas down to his t-shirt, drenching the brim of it.

He proceeded to practice until he got the dance but would make slight mistakes along the way, making him annoyed at himself as he was trying to avoid these for so long.

"Why can't I do this?!" Sunghoon complained, wearily punching the air with his right hand, using the last bit of strength in his body, before stroking his figures through his damp hair.

Before he notices, she scurried herself from sitting on the staircase and brushed down her school skirt, then quietly tiptoed up the stairs.

"Who are you?" A voice echoed through her ears, the room falling into complete silence, only the blood in her veins passing through being the only sound that could be heard in her.

She slowly turned around on the stair case, her body all stiffened up at the situation she have been led to.

"I- uhm..." she stuttered, her eyes widened as he took a few steps up the staircase, swiftly running his fingers through his strands.

"Shouldn't you be in class right now?" He questioned, raising his dark, graceful eyebrows that framed his striking orbs.

"I should be asking you the same thing..." She eventually uttered, clutching the straps of her backpack.

"Actually, I—"

"See you don't have an answer either. Why don't we both keep this a secret." She spoke gently, outstretching her arm towards him, with her pinky finger out.

"How can I trust you?" Sunghoon asked, waving his t-shirt to let the cool air hit his torso.

"Well, you see... I'm a very trustworthy person. I have kept many promises and secrets and I haven't squeaked a word till this day...." She added, intertwining her hands together behind her back as she thought.

"So? Pinky promise or not??" She continued, extending her arm in front of herself again.

Sunghoon proceeded to walk up the stairs until he was on the same step as her while one of his feet was on the step below, causing her head to advert down.

"Promise." Sunghoon softly murmured, interweaving their little fingers together.

While their pinkies were still interlocked with one another's, Sunghoon pulls her closer to his figure, causing her breath to slightly hitch at the unexpected occurrence. She placed her hands on either side of his shoulders for support as she almost stumbled upon her own feet.

"You better keep the promise...Soovin..." he whispered as he leaned in at the side of her head, sending waves of shivers down her back.

"How do you know my nam—" She was put to a halt as he used his index finger to point at the strap of her backpack which had a small print of her name on it.

"Ahn Soovin." He mumbled, causing her to look at the strap then back into his glimmering irises that stared into her own.