Chapter 6

❝ ᴜs ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴜᴄᴋɪᴇsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀs ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

❝ ᴜs ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴜᴄᴋɪᴇsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀs ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ.❞

박성훈

"How does it feel to be lucky?" She questioned, her irises glues to the splendor beauty of the glimmering stars that hung above in the ebony firmament of the night.

"Like when you are in time to buy a ticket for a concert." He responded, looking over towards her on the playground tower, leaning over the bar handle.

"Or like when you get all good scores in exams." She uttered, as she proceeded to lean against the bars as well.

"When you get three pieces of kimbap from the canteen for lunch." He called out, turning his head back to look into the starry firmament.

"Or when-" She was put to a halt as he began to speak up again.

"When you make a friend, like that kind of lucky?" He added, grinning from ear to ear.

"Yes, like that kind of lucky." Her lips began to turn upside down, lowering her gaze towards the sand beneath the playground equipment.
"Those kind of people always have so much luck. Maybe they all have a guardian angel."

She could sense Sunghoon's canvas sadden at her statement before breaking into a fit of smiles, shoving his chilled hands into his hoodie pockets.

"Do you want a guardian angel?" He questioned, swaying his torso from side to side in excitement.

"What?"

"Alright, from now on, I'll be Ahn Soovin's Guardian Angel. And I'll give all the luck I have left."

"What are you going to do if you give all your luck to me?" She asked, the flesh of her lips falling outwards in a form of a pout.

"I don't need stuff like that." He grasped onto the side of the slide before sliding down, landing perfectly on his feet, and bounced around to face her direction.

"Because I'm already lucky that I met you." He uttered with a huge smile plastered upon his canvas, as he tucked his hands into his hoodie again.

"Oh my God, what's wrong with you today. I'm sensing the second hand embarrassment right now." Soovin winced in dissatisfaction, sliding down the opposite slide, as she remained seated at the end of it.

"No- I really do feel lucky." He declared, sauntering towards where she was settled. He bent his figure on top of hers, causing her to slightly bite the inside of her cheek because of the close proximity between the two.

She obscurely pushed him back by the shoulder and turned her attention to the sand below her feet, creating a circle with the tip of her shoe.

"Didn't you feel lucky when you met your other friends." She questioned, trying to break the cumbersome silence, the feeling of her cheeks crimsoning from the occurrence, arousing.

"I guess I did, but I feel like this is different between us, we instantly clicked." Sunghoon announced, slightly kicking the grains of sand.

"Oh...uhm, I-" She stuttered, swiftly standing upon her soles.

"Huh?"

"I'll see you tomorrow! Bye." She exclaimed, waddling out of the playground, the only time she turned around was to awkwardly wave him goodbye, before running off, disappearing from his view.

"That girl..." He chuckled to himself, before breaking his vision to the night firmament.

☼☽☆

The next morning, Sunghoon sat at the edge of the rooftop, swinging his legs back and forth, as his irises darted around to spot a familiar figure to enter through the school gate.

Just as he spotted her entering, he began to wave his arms frantically, above his head. He noticed that Soovin's shoelaces were untied and tried to warn her.

"Soovin-Ah!" He yelled from above, immediately receiving her attention, as she waved back. Sunghoon pointed towards his own shoe, discreetly raising it before forming his arms into a cross.

Her irises trailed from him to her feet and instantaneously understood what he was trying to tell her. She returned a smile before kneeling down to tie her laces. Once she stood back up, she noticed that he was gone.

"Huh? Where did he go off to?" She sighed before walking into the school building.