Chapter 8

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴀɪᴅ

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴀɪᴅ.❞

박성훈

Silence. The room was filled with complete silence, occasionally being broken by her fingers hitting the keys of the keyboard of her laptop and by the turning of pages of the notebook.

The room in which she was studying in was the same room that the two had met in the beginning and spent most of their time in. The lofty mirrors were still against each wall, while their silly, colorful drawings on the plain white voids of the wall in which the mirrors didn't cover, were vividly visible to her irises.

The chilly autumnal air caressed her skin, causing tiny goosebumps to form as she sat against the yellow table in the corner of the room.

Even though she was seated in the room to study, her mind kept wandering, letting the concentration to seep out.

"I shouldn't have been so harsh on him yesterday. Where is he, by the way? I haven't seen him all day." She chatted to herself, shutting her laptop closed and piling her belongings to the side.

Just as she was about to go up the stairs of the room, a paper airplane flew down, landing in front of her feet. She picked up the paper airplane and read the small writing on the top of it. "Open it" She unfolded the flaps of the plane and read the message written inside of it.

"I'm sorry." She read aloud, her lips curving into a grin as her eyes trailed to his familiar hand-drawn picture of a sad face, on the side of the text. Her head immediately adverted above the stairs in hopes to find him, but to no avail.

"Sunghoon?" She giggled, running up the stairs, to find him. "You can stop hiding now." She muttered, as she scanned the surrounding of their hideout and suddenly realised that there's no sign of him. Her irises darted more wildly at every crevice of the room with each passing second.

She bolted around their secret room, while the pounding noise of the soles of her shoes resonating off the walls with a clanging echo that matched with her heart throbbing inside of her chest.

"Sunghoon, stop playing around, it's not fun anymore." She gasped, as she exited the room, her figure meeting with the cool air of the school.

She sprinted around the building, peeping into each classroom as she passed by them.

"Did you hear that Park Sunghoon has recovered from his injury and he is coming back to school today?!" A girl shrieked to her friends in the hallway as I ran by them.

"Sunghoon is coming back, guys!" A few boys yelled from the opposite end of the hallway.

"He's coming back, Park Sunghoon is coming back!"