Chapter 4

❝ ɪᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ

❝ ɪᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ.❞

박성훈

She balled her sleeves of her school jumper in her fist as she also grasped her hands on the swing's chains that hung down, allowing her feet to slightly move the swing.

Shivers continued to tremor throughout her body as her irises basked in the beauty of autumn in the night's ebony. Her subtle smile had no intention of fading away especially when the splendor of the autumn season unveiled itself before her.

"What going on inside of your head?" Sunghoon spoke, from the swing beside her, slowing swinging back and forth.

"Nothing, just stressed. But the view is kind of relieving it."

"Here, have this." He responded, after fishing into his backpack for something, taking his hand out to reveal a strawberry flavored yakult before passing it towards her.

"Thank you." She smiled, taking it into her grasp, looking down on it, in her hands.

By this time, Sunghoon flicked through pages of a novel, completely immersed in it. She moved closer with the swing, to get a better look at the black imprinted words on the cream colored pages. She stood on her soles, walking over behind him, eclipsing a shadow that loomed over the boy's figure, silhouetting the words on the page.

He blinked, adjusting his eyes to the sudden change of the color on his page before straining his neck back to glimpse at the girl's canvas that was above his.

His lips curled upwards into a smile, at that moment when his irises laid upon hers. Her pallid forefinger came in contact with the tip of his nose, playful booping it before breaking into a soft giggle.

"What are you reading?" She questioned, breaking away from their locked orbs, gazing towards the book again.

"A book."

"I know it's a book, silly. What is it about?" She added, gripping her palms onto the chains of his swing.

"Ice skating."

"You must really be interested in ice skating." She nodded her head with pleasure, looking upon the stars that hung aloft in the night's ebony, brightening the firmament.

"Yes, I can't wait for the day I can go back on the ice." He mumbled, his irises adverting down to the black imprinted words, grazing his fingers on top of them.

"Why don't we go to the ice rink during the weekend, that way we can spend time together and you'll be able skate again." She suggested, walking around him to meet with his canvas.

He nodded as a reply as his irises gazed into her own, and for a moment he could've sworn he witnessed the autumnal season inside of her deep brown oceans, the twinkling of the stars present in them.

"Yah Sunghoon, let's go over there." She outstretched her arm, her index finger pointing towards the end of the playground, where a small garden stood still in the breeze. She wrapped her arms around his, helping him to stand on his heels from the swing, leading him across the playground.

"Look!" She exclaimed, extending her pointer finger towards the small garden, her lips falling agape at the view before them.

"It's pretty...just like you." He muffled underneath his breath. This made him receive a playful jab into his side, causing him to release soft titters through his lips.

"Don't be like those people in movies..." She emitted a chuckle, as they proceeded to walk through the garden.

"Here." Sunghoon grinned, passing her a rosy pink flower he had picked up. She smiled in return, the soft petals tickling the tip of her nose as its fresh scent wafted into her nostrils.

"I'm going to keep this forever." She murmured, basking in the beauty of the flower.

"How? It's going to wilt and then die." Sunghoon responded, ravished in her beauty from the side.

"I'm going to put it in my diary, like this..." She added, kneeling down to her knees as she unzipped her bag to take out her diary. Taping the flower onto a page in her journal with a piece of masking tape, she revealed it to him.

"See, it'll remain in here forever." She smiled from ear to ear as it beamed in his irises.

"Of course." Sunghoon replied, extending his arm for her to stand up.