Chapter 7

❝ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ ʙᴜᴅᴅʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴇᴇᴍs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

❝ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ ʙᴜᴅᴅʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ sᴇᴇᴍs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ.❞

박성훈

The aggravating ticking of the clock echoed in the silence of the room as the teacher continued to write on the whiteboard, the marker screeching against the board, imbuing the quiet atmosphere as it occasionally broke the silence.

Tired but supple fingers ran through her tresses, as a yawn pried through the chapped flesh of her lips.

Just as her irises trailed out of the window beside her assigned desk, she witnessed a familiar figure, frantically waving his arms above his head, his legs bouncing up and down.

A look of disgruntlement was immediately painted upon her canvas as she continued to observe Sunghoon trying to get her attention from down below. She ducked her head down, trying to vanish from his sight.

"Is he crazy?" She whispered to herself before straightening her posture to see if he's still there.

She exaggeratedly crossed her arms over one another in a form of a cross, turning her figure towards the window as the rest of the class continued to do the reading task.

"Ahn Soovin-Ah!" Sunghoon shouted from the yard, swaying his arms in front of him.

"No! I can't!" She mouthed, trying not to let a squeak escape from her lips.

"Let's go play, Soovin-Ah!" He continued to yell, jumping around.

"Oh my God- I can't!" She proceeded to pronounce without her voice slipping through, creating eerie hand gestures with her arms.

"Ahn Soovin, you can go outside." The teacher spoke calmly, as he carried on writing on the board.

"Can I?!" She spoke with enthusiasm, pushing her chair out from the desk, as she stood up on her heels.

"Yes, you can go outside the classroom and put your hands up until the end of class!" The teacher barked, slamming his hand on the podium lecture stand. "Go outside, now!"

"Be quiet!" The monotone murmurs and chuckles of the whole class came to a halt as, the male teacher raised his tone, silencing the group.

☼☽☆

She stood in the hallway, with her arms raised above her head, slightly wobbly from keeping that position for so long. As she stood in front of the classroom, Sunghoon skipped his way towards her, with a subconscious smile painting the canvas of his face.

"Soovin-Ah!" He waved his hand in the air once his eyes trailed upon her.

"What are you doing here?" She emitted a deep sigh, turning her head the opposite direction as he got closer.

"Why the angry face?" He questioned, lolling his head to the side to get a better look at her canvas.

"It's your fault that I'm here..."

"What did I do, all I wanted was to play with you." He uttered, the pad of his forefinger pressed against the underside of her chin, to turn her head back to face his. The flesh of his lips falling outwards in a form of a pout as their irises locked with one another's.

"You could've waited until end of class to tell me that...Why did you have to scream my name from the yard."

"Nobody heard me though. You are the only one who can hear me so you heard me calling for you."

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, her eyebrows knitting together to understand him.

"Ah, leave it- come let's go play!" He responded, curling his fingers around my wrist, tugging at it.

"Are you dumb? This is my punishment. You just go ahead..."

"Oh- okay..." Sunghoon released his grip around her wrist, taking a few steps back.

"Go..."

Sunghoon began to walk the opposite direction, looking over his shoulder a few times to see her before his figure faded away from her ken.