Chapter 2

❝ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ғᴏʀᴡᴀʀᴅ

❝ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs ᴛᴏ ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ғᴏʀᴡᴀʀᴅ.❞

박성훈

She tapped her pencil frequently against the wooden table of the school library with her eyebrows furrowed with concentration. She sighed as she scratched her head with frustration as she had been studying for so long. Slumping on top of the table, she lay her head down with her eyes shut, allowing the rays of the sunset to penetrate upon her canvas.

After resting for a bit, she decided to walk around the library. Rows after rows of high shelves stood in the stillness of the silent room, every book in these shelves arranged in genres and alphabetically.

Her irises trailed upon the spine of each book on the shelves, the pads of her fingers grazing on top of them. She'd oft slip out a book from it's old posture, flipping through a few pages before sliding it back in its original position. Grabbing a stool, she permitted herself on it with keen painted across her canvas, in thoughts of what type of books may be on the shelves on top.

As she outstretched her arm up to reach a book on the top shelf, she felt the stool tremble, causing her figure to go unbalanced.

"Phew, got lucky there." She sighed, tightly clutching against the edge of the wooden shelf, as she let out a big huff of relief.

Once again, she set out to reach for the book that had caught her attention. Extending her arms, whilst standing on her toes on the stool, she attempted to slip out the book, but to no avail.

Once more, she felt the stool palpitate with jerky movements. This time she shut her eyelids firmly, expecting to feel the sudden urge of pain that will soon take over her body. And in that suspended moment, she sensed the feeling of her figure falling off the stool.

Suddenly, a pair of arms snaked around her frail figure, with her head clutched against a strong chest as her arms instinctively wrapped around the figure's neck.

With a thump of the stool falling to the ground, she felt her insides do tumbles. Slowly opening her irises, they met with glistening dark, brown ones.

"Be careful. I won't always be here to save you, you know." His honey voice echoed through her eardrums as he gently placed her on her heels.

"Thank you." She grinned, as her hands brushed down her skirt.

Just then, Sunghoon knelt down in front of her, her irises following his smallest movements as he took her shoelaces into his grip, tying a bow with it.

"Remember to tie your laces, otherwise you are going to trip over." He added, as he straightened back in his posture, before picking up the fallen stool behind her and allowing himself to stand on top of it, to slip out the book she longed for.

"What are you doing here at this time?" He then uttered, passing the book towards her.

"Studying..." She emitted a sigh, as she clutched the book against her chest.

"Want company? He asked, slightly lolling his head to the side.

She nodded in response, leading the way to the table she was settled at.