Chapter 6 ~ Roly-Poly's on the Living Room Sofa Don't Count as Yoga.

The doorbell rings.

And then it rings again.

'If you'd just get me get it!' I bellow into the kitchen from my current laid down position on our sofa.

'Don't you dare move!' Emilio shouts back, 'I'm getting it!'

I groan and throw my head back onto the pillow. I could try reading the magazine on my lap, but I've already read all the good articles and Emilio left the TV remote all the way across the room so I can't get to it.

Emilio comes charging into the room, aiming for the front door. He has his apron around his waist and a frying pan in one hand. He buzzes Asher into the building and then sprints back to finish breakfast, even though he's made it quite clear that I'm on a healthy diet that doesn't include bacon.

He looks ridiculous wearing his frilly apron over his suit, given that he has to leave and he's already running late. Asher strides in, his uniform pristine and stares at me under my duvet on the sofa.

'We're going to be late, you're not even dressed yet.' He says, plonking himself down on top of my feet and grabbing the magazine from my hands.

'Marzia is on strict bed rest today.' Leo says, placing down some food in front of us on the coffee table. He's given Asher a full english and left me with a cup of black coffee and avocado on toast, which he knows I can't stand.

I apologise to everyone who may be offended by this.

I dip my finger in the avocado and call Neighbour over, but even he won't touch it. Instead he just walks away to sit beside the fire, licking his fur clean. When he's not looking, I lean over and wipe my finger on the lining of Asher's suit, and he's too busy watching Emilio dust crumbs off his apron to notice me.

'Oh, why?' Asher says and I can tell he's deflated because he's going to miss a day of school.

I do feel bad about forcing him to stay home because I know after his argument with Cade last night, that he was hoping to talk to him today. The longer he leaves it, the worse it will be, and I can't be the only one who knows it.

'The shrapnel in her back has moved a little closer to her spine. We need it to settle so it doesn't move any further before the doctor can make sure it's alright.' Emilio explains, pulling on his coat, 'She has a hospital appointment at four, could you take her?'

'You don't have to talk about me like I'm a child.' I grumble.

'Oh yeah? You wanna tell Asher how you hurt your back?' Emilio counters.

'I think maybe it's something to do with the metal lodged up in there.' I snap.

'Zia.' Emilio warns and Asher flicks my arm to get me to tell him.

'I was doing yoga.'

'Roly-poly's on the living room sofa do not count as yoga.' Emilio says, pointing at me, 'Asher, no matter what she needs to stay absolutely still until the doctor says it's safe. She's gonna fight you on it, so please don't fold.'

'I won't, she's not going to move from this sofa until four.' Asher promises, slapping my leg with his hand to prove his point.

'Actually, we'll have to leave a little bit earlier to make the appointment, so you can't promise that.' I point out, only to have the back of my head clipped by Emilio's hand, 'It's like royalty means nothing in this house, seriously.'

Asher chuckles at me.

'I'm going to go sit in my bedroom instead, it's boring out here and I don't want to spend the morning making small talk with you.' I say to Asher, 'If you need me, shout as loud as you can. We like to annoy the neighbours.'