Prologue

April 15th 20XX, Somewhere near the Inland Sea.

Explosions scattered across the battlefield, as sounds of machine-gun barrages roaring in the air. Soldiers from both sides fired at each other, as they cower in their hastily made trenches.

Soldiers from both sides tried to push their enemy back but always ended up in a draw. With artillery bombardment from both sides harassing each other at any time, the situation on the battlefield is grim.

Some soldier in the trench slowly inhales his cigarette, as he was on watch duty this night. Accompanying him is just a cup of hot instant coffee that he just made, 2 packs of cigars, and a line of lights 2 miles away from where the enemy known as Jietai are.

He lit a cigarette in his mouth, as he slowly inhales it. He exhales the smoke from both of his mouth and nose, as he grabs his coffee and drinks it.

Ah, nothing like good smoke and a hot coffee to pass the night. He thought to himself.

He was clearly enjoying this situation as best as he can, being stationed in the front lines of the trench line is not pleasant.

For about 3 years they invaded us, we managed to repel them back and form our own government. Now, 81 years of peace and cooperation is in shambles within a year by war for dominance in the Daerah Khusus. He thought to himself again. At the moment he snapped out of his thoughts, a friend approaches him.

(Authors Note: Daerah Khusus is the Indonesian Translation of Special Region)

"Yo! How's it going on here, Iqbal?" The man said as he sat down next to him.

"Nothing new, Supriyadi. Just the same lights of our enemies, and the warmth of spring in the night. You reporting out the watch from our company?" Asked the soldier named Iqbal.

"Yeah, it's bothersome being a Captain in the trenches. I have to report in about the current situation to the CO every hour, but I'll get used to it." The man named Supriyadi replied.

Supriyadi took out a cigar from his pocket, but he seemed to be confused about something, as he gropes his torso and legs searching for something.

"Yo, I forgot to bring my lighter. Can I borrow yours?" Supriyadi asked

"Yeah man, suit yourself." He said, as he reaches for his lighter in his ammo deck and handed out to Supriyadi.

"Thanks, man, you're a lifesaver."

Supriyadi lights up his cigarettes, as he inhales and exhales the cigar. Before Supriyadi said anything, Iqbal grumbled.

"Why is it that our Group has to be in the trenches? We're Kopassus for goodness sake!" He grumbled as he inhales his cigarettes.

"We're the only Group that is the closest from this area, and we're the only one available while the rest in mobilizing from many reaches of Indonesia. I heard that the 2nd Kopassus Group is being mobilized to the trenches as well, we need some time to mobilize a decent force so that we can force the Jietai here to just give up this part of the area." Supriyadi explained. As he exhales the smoke in his nostrils, he let out a sigh as he spoke.

"Still, why is it have to come like this? They used to be our allies, our trading partner. Now, it's all seems far from that. But hey! At least both nations in our world are in agreement that all-out war in our world is unnecessary, we can be relieved that peace remains intact back home." Supriyadi said, with a huge smile on his face.

"Heh, you're quite easygoing about this. But this is quite an odd relationship between us and them if you asked me. Here we are, fighting some sort of a shadow war with Japan. While back at home, our President and their Prime Minister are kissing each other cheeks and having a feast like it's all nothing." Iqbal said as he sips his coffee while looking outside.