16 | take me to the lakes

"WHAT are we doing today?" Aahana asked.

"Do you have anything in mind?" He countered, looking up from his laptop.

Aahana grinned. "I do."

He raised his eyebrow. "How about we eat something first? I can't eat granola bars anymore." She snickered at his comment. He nodded and shut his laptop. She grabbed her bag and took out a sling purse. They both walked out of their hotel room and aimed towards the restaurant. They had a simple meal and Aahana asked him to follow him to the reception.

Samantha smiled at them and stood from her chair. "Hello, Mr. Miller and Ms. Mehta. Are you two having a good time?"

Aahana leaned to the table to rest her elbows on the wooden surface. "Uh-huh. Do you have any rental bicycles—in yellow perhaps?"

"Let me check." She sat back down and punched some keys on the computer. She frowned. "I'm sorry, ma'am. We just have one available." Everett huffed from behind. Aahana knew what he must be thinking.

Do they have just one of everything?

"We do have roller skates."

A loophole, of course.

Aahana tried her best not to show her disappointment. After a quick debate, she agreed upon the two available choices. Samantha guided them to the back of the hotel where she showed the rental bicycle and the skates. Samantha left saying 'choose the one you like.'

"Like we had a choice." He rolled his eyes after she left. He peered at Aahana. "Why don't we just use the van?"

"Because it's not as fun as cycling." She shrugged.

"Who is taking what?"

"I'll take the roller skates." She smiled.

"You can skate?" He sounded amused.

"No, but I'm about to find out. Don't worry, I'll nail it."

"Oh, no

"Oh, no. I'm going to die!" She shouted as she rolled her way on the pathway. She heard Everett snort but she was focused on her legs. She didn't know how to stop. They had barely left the Peakview Plaza neighbourhood.

"This is worse than ice-skating," She mumbled.

Everett was chilled as he slowly rode on the black bicycle, keeping up with her. "You have ice-skated?"

"No, you idiot." Her eyes were on her legs while her hands were flung on her two sides. "Stop this thing. I don't know how to stop it. I don't want to ride on this!" She was shouting like he was miles away from her and she had crossed the speed limit when in reality, they were just as fast as normal pedestrians.

"I don't want to ride on this," he mocked. "Title of your sex tape."

Aahana dared to shoot him a glare. "I don't have time for your Brooklyn Nine Nine references. Can you help me slow down?"