24 | dirty star

THEY unlocked the door and jumped on their bed. The energy from the concert had been drained considerably. Aahana cocked her head to Everett who was lying on his bed with his arms on the two sides and eyes closed. She gawked at him as his chest heaved and fell. She sat up and her eyes couldn't help but fixate on his stomach. The hem of his shirt was halfway through his stomach.

She immediately looked away when he fluttered his eyes open. She prayed he didn't see her checking him out. He rolled his head around twice.

"I am soaked with sweat, I should take a shower." Aahana sat and rummaged through her bag to find a simple outfit.

"I should, too." He sighed.

She smirked. "With me?"

"If that's what you want, sure." His voice was deep and serious. Not a hint of mockery laced in his tone. She gulped and grabbed her clothes. He stood up and locked his arm in hers.

"Shall we?" He teased. She breathed in relief. She pulled her hand away and slapped his chest but a smile crept on her face.

"Pervert," she muttered and ran to the bathroom alone.

"You were the one to suggest that!" She heard him yell back. She closed the door and leaned on it. She clutched her clothes to her chest. She was unable to stop smiling. She bit her lips. She leaned to the door for more than just two minutes and tried to shake the thoughts of him away but it seemed impossible.

After a while, she stopped trying.

She stripped her clothes away and stepped into a cold shower. She always liked to have a cold shower in the evenings or before going to bed. She rubbed the shower gel on her shoulders while thinking about him. She was grinning like an idiot. It was wrong for her to think of these wild thoughts but it felt good. She wanted him. She wanted him more than just for a week. Her smile faded when she realised that he is hers just for two more days. He had, unfortunately, come with an expiry date.

What a cruel turn of fate. She thought. To find someone where I shouldn't be looking.

"You can stop thinking about me now!" Her thoughts were interrupted by his laughter.

"Go away, dirty star!" She yelled back while smiling.

"Dirty what?" He yelled back.

"Check the urban dictionary!"

After a long pause, he answered, "Is dirty star my new nickname instead of an asshole?"

She opened the door so quickly that he was about to jump. He widened his eyes and examined her, probably expecting her to be in a towel but much to his disdain, she was fully dressed.

"They both mean the same thing so, maybe yes." She winked and walked out. She pushed him in the bathroom.

"Take a quick shower. I'm hungry," she told him and turned to dry her hair.

"You can join in, ya know. My previous lovers said I tasted delicious." The door closed. She didn't respond but smiled. She turned the dryer on.

Their jokes had turned personal in a matter of days but she didn't mind. For all she knew, she wanted more than just jokes. She wanted to--

"I forgot my clothes." He peeped through the tiny opened door. "Toss 'em to me, please?" He requested. She slumped her shoulders down and shook her head. She gathered his scattered clothes from his bed and tossed it to him.

"Oh, Miller. What would you do without me?"

"I would probably be dead." He blew her a playful kiss.

Stop doing things that make me want to kiss you! She told no one but herself.

He walked out about fifteen minutes later dressed in black sweatpants and a white t-shirt that said sleep party

He walked out about fifteen minutes later dressed in black sweatpants and a white t-shirt that said sleep party. She playfully rolled her eyes at his t-shirt.

"Let's go have dinner," she said.

He pinched his eyebrows. "It's ten-thirty. The restaurant closed at ten."

"Not for us." She grinned and began walking. He followed her as they walked downstairs to the kitchen of the restaurant. She pushed the door open and they were greeted by an empty and clean kitchen of their hotel. It was huge.

"Are we committing a crime?"

"No, dumbass. I booked it for us." They walked to the part of the kitchen where they were provided with all the necessary stuff they needed to cook whatever they like.

"Do you know how to cook?" She asked.

"Of course."

She smiled. "Good." She jumped to sit on the counter. "Because I have no idea. I can help you chop, though." He laughed and tied an apron around his waist. She watched him add flour, salt, sugar and oil in a bowl and he was about to mix it up when she pipped in. "Let me do it!" She wanted to contribute as well. He nodded and made space for her. She wore an apron before using her hand to mix it up. Everett leaned, his elbow rested on the countertop as he watched her knead the dough. She glanced at him.

"What are you looking at?" She questioned while she tried to tuck her hair behind her ear.

"Making sure you--" He extended his hand to tuck her hair. Shivers ran down her spine but she tried to act normal. "--don't mess up."

Time flew as they cooked some egg rolls. They joked around, messed up a little and their apron was covered with flour but she didn't care. It had been a long time since she laughed and snorted without caring what the other person would think.

About an hour later, Everett dusted his hands. She helped him serve them as they settled on a table in the restaurant. Only one light above them flickered on. They sat across from each other.

She took a bite. "Not bad, Miller."

"Can't take all the credit, Mehta." He chuckled. His eyes widened, "Wait, did I say it right? Did I?"

She laughed. "You did."

"