preperation

(Y/n) p.o.v

I walk back and fourth in my garden, stressed." Are you insane?! You know almost nothing about human culture, you don't talk and lastly, you told Megatron WHAT?!" I yell at Soundwave, making his hologram frown. I wasn't mad at him, just didn't expect this! From him! I take a few deep breathes before looking at him again." Okay. It's okay. I'll teach you human culture and take your visor to Ralf to see if he can upgrade it. How long can you go away from your alt-mode in this form?" A voice-line replies with a short word." Everywhere." I nod, pinching my nose bridge." Good. You can stay there and ONLY there. Now, I'll call Raf and drive us to his house. He should be home alone until the weekend. I know you can't say anything without it, so I'll give you a blog and a pen to write on." He nods, not even complaining and I pull out my phone." Hi Raf. I'll come by and I have Soundwave with me." I end it as quickly and walk over to Soundwave." Deactivated your signal so they can't track you?" He nods, a smiley appearing on his visor." Good. Let's go."

I pull up in the driveway to Raf's house. Or more like mansion. I know he has many siblings, but a three story house with a pool? A little too much. I get out of the car, the sun hitting me in the eyes. I spot Soundwave already at the door, waiting for me to come. Running up to him, I smile." Try knocking on the door or use the doorbell." I point at the small device, where he presses the button to hear a loud ringing inside the house. He looks amazed until he regained posture as the door opened. Raf stands in the doorway, wearing a plain yellow t-shirt and blue sweat-pants, both too big for him." Come on in." Soundwave let me go through first and I take off my shoes, Soundwave following my movements. I look around the white walls in the hallway with a mirror on one wall with a golden frame. We walk through it and into the living room with a chandelier and a big black couch with a glass coffee table and golden, white and pale colored decorations with expensive paintings. I sit on the table in the dining room beside it, the red carpet softly touching my feet. I hear barking of his two dogs, the Golden retriever; Lily and the Pomeranian; Matty. I see Soundwave flinch, scared of the dogs, making me chuckle." Calm down. They are pets, they won't hurt you intentionally. Now, let's get into business." I smile, hands in lab and looking at Soundwave. He smiles and looks at Raf." Do you have something to cover my optics with?" He nods, taking out a pair of sunglasses." These will do... For now. Leave the visor to me!" He says proudly, making us smile. In a swift move, Soundwave's visor is replaced by sunglasses. I smile happily and thank Raf for everything." No, it's nothing really. You've done a lot for me, this is the least I can do." He says with flushed cheeks of embarrassment, rubbing his neck in an awkward manner." Well, we'll take our leave now then. I have a transformer to teach." With that said, we leave the place.

I sit opposite him with many books between us. One about society, human history, human biology, mannerisms, how to be a gentleman, culture around the world, food, how to understand girls, sex-ed, geography, schools and rules and unwritten rules and other books about humanity." You need to read these within the next five days before school, okay? Don't stay up too late and remember to eat food since you're 'human' and.." I fall silent, not much to say as he begins to read. I decide on making a cake since it's noon. I walk into the kitchen and find a book with cake recipes on cakes. What to do? What to do? I turn page after page and stop at a simple recipe. Chocolate cake with strawberries and vanilla cream and sprinkles. This should be easy to do! I tie my hair into a messy bun and start looking for ingredients and tools. I take out my phone and connect it to the kitchen speaker and play my favorite song, dancing and humming to it with a smile.

I put the cake in the oven with a huff and puts some spoons and bowls away and start mixing the vanilla cream to the cake along with Soundwave. He has already read two books and is cutting the strawberries. I unintentionally glance at him, getting a view of his smooth handsome features. I look at the way the sun reflects in the sunglasses and makes his pale face seem heavenly glowing. I look at his lips, trailing down to his sharp jaw-line and then a scar. A white, thin, almost invisible scar. Wait, a scar?! How did I not notice this? I look at it again before trailing it further down his neck. I wonder whereto and how he got it. It seems a little thicker further down, but I look away as he turns his attention to me, a raised eyebrow and a small smile." Oh.. It's nothing, sorry." I look away embarrassed of being caught. I wish I could see his eyes though, I wonder how they look. He turns back to chopping with a small smile. Stirring the mix is beginning to tire my arm, so I take a small break." Want to switch?" I ask him, receiving a small nod. I take the knife in hand and start slicing some strawberries. I smile, not watching the knife as its cool metal makes contact with my skin. I feel the sting as it cuts my finger and sigh. The blood start to surface on my skin, Soundwave watching my finger. I put the knife down and turn to the closet with cleaning surplices and take out the first-aid kid to find a band-aid. He looks at me with a frown, showing his concern, but I simply hum." It's fine Sounds! It happens all the time. It doesn't bother me at all." He doesn't calm down, even with those words. I sigh once again and takes out a band-aid before wrapping it around the cut. He looks at my hand with curiosity, making my smile wider.

We settle down with our vanilla cream, strawberry, sprinkles covered chocolate cake. I called Jack and Miko over for cake and I know Raf is too busy, so I don't want to bother him. Knocking at the door, I ask Soundwave to open it as I am putting finishing touches on the cake. I exit the kitchen to see them all stand awkwardly by the table." Um (y/n), who is this?" I chuckle, putting down the cake." It's just Soundwave. I am teaching him our human ways since he is starting at our school in a few days along with some other kids." Still surprised, they sit down at our table. I cut a slice and serve it to him and then cut their slices and lastly my own." Why are you letting him do this?" I explain the situation the best I can before making an awkward laugh." So yeah, that's about it. Wanna help interacting with people normally once Raf is done?" Taken aback a bit, they sit in silence until agreement. With a bright smile on all four faces, they continue eating cake and have fun.

A few days has passed and we have to buy groceries for the empty fridge." Come on Sounds, we need to buy food! Besides, it helps with behavior and acts around humans. And you need new clothes, not my brother's old ones." I look at him with a smirk, looking at the clothes. He is wearing a red hoodie under a black denim jacket with dark blue jeans and styled hair. He gives me a raised brow and I sigh with a chuckle." It's his clothes, not yours, but I can get you the same if ya want! Now, come on!" I take a hold of his hand and drag him out the door.

With his own clothes and moved into my brother's room, we settle down easily. No arguments, no problems faced and last day before school, we tested his visor, making sure it worked. It did and we're ready. He is ready to act like a teen in highschool and walk among humans without problem. He has reported his progress to Megatron, not mentioning our help and practice, but him observing me from afar.