Prologue

(Note: They're all speaking Russian)

Ukraine was washing the dishes of earlier's dinner.

Though she was looking at her hands washing each plate with care in fear of breaking them, her mind was in a different place.

'Another dinner with little food for us' she thought. She was thinking about how even the night before, which was Christmas they still barely had any food.

Well, except the all mighty himself; USSR.

He always ate 3 full meals a day. That selfish bastard would even get angry if he saw just a slightly bigger portion of bread on someone else's plate.

Except for Russia, Russia would be lucky enough to get at least 1-2 full meals every 2 days while the rest he'd get half meals + snacks.

At least Russia is nice enough to share, but he's such a daddy's boy that his oblivious to all this bullshit.

Tonight, the king himself didn't even show up for dinner.

What a waste of fucking food.

While the rest of us are over here starving, his plate of warm bread, green beans with carrot, and potatoes were mocking us while eating at the dinner table.

After dinner, Russia went to soviet's work to see if there was a problem going on or anything of the unordinary. Saying "He always shows up for dinner"

It's true, he always does show up to dinner but again there were times when he didn't. So the siblings didn't really worry much.

It was already 2 hours after Russia had left, which in the last 30 mins Ukraine took the time to wash the dishes because everyone told her it was her turn.

She was annoyed by it but complied since she already knew, she just hoped she'd get away with it.

She heard the front door open and get shut slowly.

"Oh, Russia you're bac- Omg! Are you ok?!" Ukraine heard her sister Estonia say in the living room.

Then she heard gasps from her other sibling and slight sobs.

Oh now she was interested, she washes the soap and dries her hands. She quickly heads to the living room and sees Russia kneeling on the ground crying.

Ukraine is taken back at this, she saw her siblings around Russia and some coming downstairs from hearing the commotion.

Russia was holding something, no he was hugging it, hugging it as his life depended on it.

"Russia what's wrong? Where's папа?" Belarus said, being one of the ones who had just come down.

The word 'папа' had made Russia let out a sob. He retracts the object from his chest. It was Soviet's ushanka...

It had dust on it...

It finally clicked.

For some, it took longer than others but when everyone realized, they all started to have tears in their eyes, running to Russia and going into a group hug. Some were trying to hold their tears while others sobbed.

Ukraine stood by the kitchen doorway, watching. She too had tears, she went to the group and hugged whoever was on the surface of it, which was Latvia and Turkmenistan.

Though she was sad that her father fractured. She felt something else.. something she hasn't felt in a long time.

She felt relieved.