Chapter 5

Next year comes and Canada asks her again, she declines. This continues for another 3 years but each year at the UN meeting they seemed to be getting friendlier and friendlier. Even sending each other mail or even calling each other for late-night talks, well one of them sacrificed their night to talk to the other due to time zones.

The UN meeting was hosted in Austria.

Ukraine liked the idea that the UN meetings weren't just in one place but in different parts of the world, it meant she'll learn and see more.

She took a shared Russian plane with Belarus and Russia. Her other siblings wanted to go on their own planes and/or groups.

She was happy that she at least had to share time with her group, except for Kazakhstan. In the Soviet Family, they all had their little groups, like the Baltics, etc.

Well her group is Russia, Belarus, and Kazakhstan.

After the last UN meeting, she'd only seen her siblings once after that, and that was on Christmas. After Christmas, they'd occasionally call each other but they were too busy to actually visit.

Times were really changing now, everyone was more focused on their country and having their own lives. She was happy about it, she liked change.

Even Russia had changed a bit. Though his still being a bit controlling everyone in the family knew he wasn't so keen about change, but he's getting the hang of it; Slowly. The only thing that still pisses Ukraine off is that his still the puppy of Soviets, thinking that he was so good.

Other than that their relations were ok.

On the plane they had all been catching up on their new lives, seeing if one of the siblings needed any help with government or anything.

Once they landed in Austria, they still chatted but in English. They still knew they were being spied on, so after their first UN meeting, they dedicated their free time to advance their English skills.

Well, Ukraine and Belarus did, Russia not so much but he still practiced. Countryhumans could learn languages faster than normal humans but it still took time to master it. Either way, Ukraine was happy that her siblings noticed her improvement in the English Language.

They shared a hotel room to save up money since they didn't want Austria to go broke for paying 3 separate hotel rooms.

They had met up with their other siblings in the lounge of the hotel where all the countryhumans were located to stay at.

It was very fancy, the lounge had many couches and tables with multiple board games, on the right corner there where games like pool, table soccer, table hockey as well as a vending machine.

On the left there were huge windows that showed the outside, it had a fake ice skating rink that instead of ice it had synthetic ice because it wasn't winter yet in the middle of a huge garden.

Ukraine hadn't been ice skating in so long, ever since WW2, so she knew she'd have to go later but first she needed to buy ice skates. 

They were all catching up, they had all complimented Ukraine with her English, and some saying that she should let her hair grow out again. Which she absolutely declined.

------------------------

Canada was walking to the elevator of the hotel. He wanted to see if the lounge vending machine was still on because the vending machine on his floor was turned off. 

He really wanted something to eat since he has busy with paperwork and forgot to eat dinner on accident.

The elevator doors open with a ding showing the empty lounge, though it was empty it still had a few lights on.