Chapter 12

This is not just a second chance, this might be our last chance.

——————————————————————————
Twenty years, Songhwa didn't even that hurt when Ikjun got married. She thinks she have move one. But she didn't realize that he still could caught her guard off. The words he said could touch what she thinks has been buried for the last twenty years. And despite the complicated feelings she has for his confession, the thought of Ikjun gave up on her was the hardest feelings she had ever feel. She gave up on him, but she stands up for herself again. She's wondering why when Ikjun gives a sign on giving up on her could give impact that much to her.

She still cannot believe that her heart can beat that fast just by his touch. She's not that nervous when they have skinship or warm hug as a longtime friend. But since he confessed last year. Everything's seems changed.
She's still sits on the wooden swing chair he just built while Ikjun still on the phone. Seems like someone from hospital called him as he talks mostly about medicine. Suddenly Songhwa look at her phone to check what time now, it's 8.45 pm. She thinks that Ikjun will head back to Seoul soon.

Huh, how could he leave me hanging like this ?
Songhwa close her eyes while thinking about what was almost happened between them. Songhwa turn her head and she's still saw Ikjun sitting on the kitchen bar while on the phone. He's looking at her giving a sign as he's sorry for busy with the phone call.

Songhwa thinks about the whole day they spend together. Ikjun seems more relaxed and jokes around. He even didn't stop teasing her about Simok sunbaenim. But Songhwa still cannot find a reason why he's coming today. As she looks back again to Ikjun, he's still on the phone. Songhwa start to feel frustrated, she gets up and took two cup of their coffee and bring them to the sink.

Ikjun saw Songhwa's mood didn't look good. "Yes, just call me if nothing progress in the next two hours. Oooh ok, bye." Ikjun was looking at Songhwa washing their coffee cup already.
"I haven't finished that"
"Don't you need to go to the hospital ?" Songhwa respond without looking at him as she's still cleaning up the sink.
"I told you i'm not on call this weekend"
Songhwa turns her body to face Ikjun, as she frustrated with him.
"Why did you come here today ?"
Ikjun is looking at her quietly before answers her.
"I miss you"

Songhwa stood leaning on the kitchen bar without giving a reaction towards Ikjun's word, yet her heart start pounding fast again. Songhwa never use 100% her heart, she's always trying to use her logic. At least in most cases. It feels strange for her how she seems loose a bit of her composure with every word Ikjun said, with whatever Ikjun did to her. She cannot control her feelings. It's like what she wants to say contradicts with what her heart wants.

Just like her thought before, she felt like she's not herself around or him. Or she just didn't want to show how vulnerable she is when she's around him. She never let that side of her shown up to anyone.

But as she walks towards him, it feels like her heart is the one who control her body more than her brain. Ikjun still sits there looking at her walks toward him, as he could smell the rose fragrance she had. Walking to him slowly as in the shadows he could felt his body suddenly getting the heat while she stands so close in front of him.

She cupped the side of his face and stroke his cheek. Ikjun could hear the sound of his fast heartbeat and so as hers. As she started leaning down to him without a doubt he could felt her lips brush his. It didn't took long enough for Ikjun to kiss Songhwa back as he slid his bottom lips towards her to open her lips. They kissed slowly, until Ikjun slowly start to pull her closer by placing his hand on her waist. She's still stand up while kissing him, but she could feel her body start leaning forward to Ikjun's body when his hands curling her back, so there's no free space between them.