Chapter 17

If it's not like a movie,
that's how it should be.

——————————————————————————

There's nothing more frustrating for Jeongwon, Junwan and Seokhyung than knowing there's something wrong with their bestfriend, Ikjun and Songhwa. None of them even brave enough to ask Ikjun or Songhwa.
"Should i ask Ikjun?"
"Don't! Once we asked one of them, we're gonna pick a side"
"Yaaa, you know we're all gonna choose Songhwa"
"That's what i'm saying"

"Is it because of me ? I'm being their obstacle twenty years ago"
"No, i'm the one who questioned Ikjun about what he did to Songhwa, it's not my place to judge him"
"No no no, i'm the one who mention about their history twenty years ago in the first place. I shouldn't said all of that"

Without them knowing, Ikjun already standing outside Junwan's office, just as he heard them, he opens the door.
"Yaaaa, Geumanhae! Let's stop talk about this. And no need to pick a side, it's not like Songhwa and I have a fight or something"

"Aaah kamjagiya." Junwan startled as he turns away to see Ikjun standing there. Seokhyung still worried as he sees Ikjun there. It's already two weeks since that night, but they're still didn't know what's wrong with Ikjun and Songhwa.
"You two didn't fight ?"
"I don't know, just let's stop worry about this! aren't we have cold noodle for lunch ?"

Jeongwon notices that Ikjun has surgery almost everyday for the last two weeks. Even Jeongwon cannot asked Gyeoul to have meals together just because Ikjun asked her to do surgery with him. He knows Ikjun was looking for distraction, and work is the best option. Uju has been in Changwon for almost a month, so he takes a lot of surgery cases. Even though he's busy, and feels like something in his mind, he's still going around asked his bestfriends to have lunch or dinner together, or have a chit chat with people in the hospital. Ikjun acts like nothings wrong with him.

"How's Songhwa ?" It's not that Jeongwon didn't contact Songhwa, but he wants to know if they're still together or talking with each other, because the two of them haven't speak a lot in their group chat.
"Hmmm"
"Yaaa, did you two had a fight? why you didn't go to Sokcho?" Junwan asked him again.
"I did"
"And ?"

There's nothing come out from Ikjun's mouth. He remembers just a week after that night, he went to Sokcho. He wish he could go there earlier, but too much thoughts in his mind that he feels he needs to clear his mind first.

Ikjun knew he lets down Songhwa twenty years ago. He backed down to confess his feelings to her as he didn't want Seokhyung gets hurt, he feels like he hurts her twenty years ago by lying to her about the reason why he dated Yuna. That revelation indirectly stopped her to take her chance to confess her feelings to him just because he's afraid he cannot be with her. And Songhwa acknowledged all of that.

"Ikjun-ah"
"Oh?"
"Yaaa, gwaenchana ?"
"I'm fine, Songhwa and i are fine. Don't worry"

————————————————————————

Songhwa wants to stay for the weekend in Seoul that day, but she cannot face Ikjun or the rest of the gang. She feels she need to clear her mind. She knows she can't do this for too long. She's already decided to comeback to works again in Seoul earlier than her planning. Now with her situation with Ikjun, she regrets it a bit.

A little wish she had, she wish Ikjun can come to Sokcho after she left Seoul. But he didn't. She knew she's the one who didn't want to listen to his explanation, she feels she's the one who tear them apart. But after having time to clear her mind, she believes that it's better for both of them.