Chapter 19

"Uju-ya, Appa will miss you, be good with Omma okay ?"
"Appa, Uju-ya, will call Appa everyday"
"Of course! Come here" Ikjun hugs him tightly and before he pulls him away, Uju whispered to him "Appa, don't forget to give the cookies i made yesterday to Songhwa Imo" Ikjun nods smiles to him and kiss him before he gave him and Iksun one last goodbye. Ikjun is a bit worry as he remembers what happened to Uju last time he was with Hyejeong, but thankfully Aunty Wang is willing to join Uju to stay over at Hyejeong's for a week. Uju didn't show his excitement too much, but he said he wants to show his mother the picture of him and Mone. That's when Ikjun knew, Uju somehow still miss his mother despite what she did in the past to him and Uju.

"Huff, i couldn't even look at Hyejeong. How she's still okay coming here ?"
"Iksun-ah, do you have plan ? Did you tell your boyfriend you're coming home ?"
"What ? What boyfriend ?"
"Yaaa, stop that act, it's okay if you didn't want to tell me, but did you tell him you're already in Seoul ?"
"Not yet, i want to give him a surprise"
"Ah Cham!! Do you have plan tonight ? If you don't have plan let's go for dinner"
"We're going out for dinner ? Any restaurant open ?" Iksun is shouting as Ikjun went back to his room to grab his coat.
"Jeongwon plans birthday dinner for Songhwa, let's go" Ikjun walks out from his room to the kitchen desk to take his car key.
"Aaah, today is Songhwa unnie's birthday ? But I didn't prepare anything"
"Gwaenchana. Let's go, we're late already"
"Yaaa Oppa, at least i need to wear something nice, please wait for five minutes" Iksun walks rushing to her room while Ikjun muttered seeing his sister acts.
"Aigoo, is she excited to join the dinner or to see Junwan ?" Ikjun shakes his head when a text pops up to his phone, and he saw Songhwa's name on it, "Are you coming ?"

That text somehow reminds him twenty one years ago, feels like the same message from Songhwa asking him if they'll meet each other at night on her birthday. He opens the message and texts her back "i'll see you tonight". He smiles while sending it. It's already one month since they breakup, and Ikjun is trying so hard to being usual Ikjun when he nears her. It almost made him crazy when he cannot see her because he misses her so much and he's afraid he might say or do something that out of his control.
"Oppa, let's go!" Iksun's voice broke his drifting thoughts about Songhwa.

On the way to the restaurant, Iksun glances at her brother several times, as she saw Ikjun's mood is different than before.
"Oppa, can i ask you something ?"
"Mwoo ?"
"Neo gwaenchana?"
"Why ?"
"I mean, after you broke up with unnie" Ikjun was shocked, he didn't tell her anything, but a few seconds later he remembers that his sister is dating his bestfriend. He blinks his eyes but keep focus on the road.
"Did Junwan told you?"
"He worries about you, so he asked me to check on you"
"Aaah that prick"

"If it's not you, i've already cheering Chihong to fight for Songhwa" Ikjun was shocked hearing that but he manages to keep his composure.
"Songhwa is free now, you can cheering him up"
"Oppa, why did you give up like that ?"
"Songhwa doesn't want to be with me"
"It's not true"
"What ?"
"Chihong is a great guy. He's nice, smart and good looking. But he said he can't compete with you because Songhwa only has eyes on you"
"It's in the past"
"Junwan oppa said he never saw Songhwa unnie so sad over her break up since you two broke up, did you really think she doesn't want to be with you?"
"Geumanhae Iksun-ah"
"You should fight for her"
"I did"
"Fight harder!" Ikjun immediately turns his gaze to Iksun. He never takes anyone's opinion about his relationship, even about Songhwa. But now, Iksun's advice hits him hard almost questioning himself. Did i haven't fight harder for Songhwa ?

Iksun knows her brother and Songhwa always have special bonding that only both of them have shared. She has a hunch that somehow both of them like each other, or one of them. But somehow she saw both of them holding back from that in the past.
"Oppa, try again! Try to win her again!" Ikjun doesn't answer her right away. He's trying to focus on the road, but deep down he can't brush off his thought about Songhwa.
"Oppa, she won't coming back to Seoul early if she doesn't want to be with you. She wants you to fight for her again. You just need to fight harder"
Ikjun is still not responding what Iksun said. But he keeps all of her encouragement in his mind. He knows he wants to be with Songhwa, but he's afraid if he tries again it will just makes Songhwa uneasy and push her away from him.