Chapter 2

"Actually it would be safer for us to kiss" Spencer rambled off, about the number of germs passed between a handshake compared to kiss, hearing her let out a small giggle at the comment

Y/N

Smiling at the comment, listening to him list off the statistics. "Pretty boy that's enough" you heard Derek speak from behind him, causing the tall man to halt his speech. You gave Spencer a smile "It's okay, he just can't handle your intelligence" you whispered to him causing him to chuckle.

The team went over the case for you, the pictures on the evidence boards you grimaced. Their bodies were mutilated, carving the name of the next victim into their stomach. You knew of your client's worst fears and their thoughts that haunted them during the waking hours of their life. You knew that none of the victims would do this to themselves.

Spencer would look over at you every so often to make sure you were alright. The team looked at images like these and the victims that they were used to the gruesome images that covered the board but you handled the people who wanted to get help and made sure that they didn't harm themselves or others.

Spencer

JJ looked over at him gesturing to the short dark-haired woman, mouthing the words 'is she okay'. Him checking her behavior every couple of minutes before nodding at the blonde. Soon the case was over and hotch assigned him to question her about the victims, the geographical profile already finished.

He smiled softly at her and led her to the conference room they used to go over cases as a team. "Would you like anything to drink? We have coffee, tea, and water" He asked her as he poured himself a cup of coffee and adding a ton of sugar before setting it down "Water is fine" She responded. The male nodded and grabbed a bottle of water and handing it to her.

"What can you tell me about the victims?" he asked quietly uncapping his pen as he sat down across from her. "Most of them are orphans, I've been seeing them since they were put in foster care, I'm the primary psychologist for the foster system, they all came back after the mandatory sessions," she began "They each had different disorders if that means anything, they all could socialize with friends we would have a group session once a month with the kids in the foster system," she continued. "I can bring their case files over later today for your team to look over if that will help any." she finished.

Spencer nodded "That would be of much help" his voice coming out softly. He hated to have to ask her more and pry into the lives of her other patients not wanting for her to break confidentiality but he had to. "Is there anyone that you think could have done this? One of your patients or someone that was in all of their lives?" he asked quietly. She shook her head "Not from what they have told me, sure they've had enemies but no one in common with each other."

Y/N

You nodded as he said that the questions were over. Checking the time you cursed 9:57. "I'm sorry but I have to go I have a client at 10:15" you spoke to him as you got up. Praying that traffic would be light seeing as it was a 10-minute drive to your office. He nodded and waved goodbye to you as you left the building.

You got into your car, checking the time every once in a while as you drove to your office. Thanking god that traffic was light. You arrived at your office at 10:13, running up to your floor and smiling at the client in the waiting room "I'll be with you in just a second, love" You spoke as you went into your office setting it up.