Chapter 5

(If you skipped the last chapter, y/n mother died when she was young, abused by her father, raped at 15, stabbed, harmed themselves at 16, substance abuse at 17. Was admitted to a psych ward at 18 released at 19, turned their life around.)

She looked up at him slowly her hands fidgeting with the sleeves of her sweatshirt

She looked up at him slowly her hands fidgeting with the sleeves of her sweatshirt. "I want you to come to me whenever you have some bad memories okay? I'm only a phone call away" He whispered to her with a sad smile. He kissed her hair and held her for the next hour letting her cry in his arms.

Spencer

He smiled as he watched the girl in his arms, she was slowly falling asleep as he played with the ends of her hair. A smile never leaving his face.

They laid down on the center of the bed, her head on his chest. Spencer's phone rang and he cursed, grabbing it quickly hoping that it wouldn't wake her up.

"Hm?" He answered hotch's call listening to him explain what had happened that night when they caught the unsub.

His smile dropped as soon as he heard the final words 'He will only talk with Y/N'.

"Seriously? That's the only way he'll confess? I doubt that Hotch, send Morgan in to get him to confess." sighing before continuing "No we'll be there in an hour." he replied before he ended the call.

Turning his head to look at the girl lying there. Her body stirring as he sat at the foot of the bed. "Love" he spoke quietly watching her wake up groaning as she did so. "They caught him, but he will only talk with you"

Y/N

You sighed as you sat up looking over at Spencer "He was going to kill me though, and they expect me to go in there alone?" You asked as you rubbed your eyes.

It didn't make any sense. Why did he only want to talk with you? Closing your eyes as you rubbed your temples. 'Fuck me' you thought before looking at Spencer hearing his voice fill the room.

"I'll be watching the whole time and he will be cuffed to the table the entire time"

......

You walked into the interrogation room, shivering slightly at the change in temperature. You stared at your previous client. Your mind racing with thoughts on how you ended up in this situation.

Your heels clacked against the tiled floor, making your way to the metal chair across from Tim Haney. Looking in front of you, ignoring the male, staring at the glass knowing Spencer was on the other side of it, that being your only form of sanity to get you through the interview.

"Why did you ask for me"

"Well I did miss our last session, didn't I? I want you to figure out why I did what I did?"

............

After 2 hours in that confining room, you only blame yourself for what he did. Listening to his confession, how he tortured those women, how he imagined it was you. As soon as you stepped out of the room your composure crumbled. Choking out a sob as you fell to the floor.

Spencer

Hearing him confess is hard enough for someone that has listened to multiple confessions, let alone someone who already blamed themselves for not seeing the signs.

Spencer watched as Y/N walked out of the room. She had been in there for just over 2 hours, Tim Haney's words were dripping with blame, and not to himself, on her. Blaming her for not loving him, not spending enough time with him.

Spencer rushed out of the room as he heard her choke out a sob. Breaking at the sight of her breaking down. He knew what it felt like to have your mind taken over by the what if's. Knowing what it was like to have to listen to an unsub's threats.

His arms wrapped around her small frame, kissing her hair and whispering calming phrases in her ear. "I'm here love, it's going to be okay."

A/N: I'll probably be updating this about once every couple of days with a longer part.