Chapter IV: Meeting with the High Elves

April 7th 20XX, Merdeka Palace, Jakarta.

The President had a very busy day. This noon, he had just announced an Agreement on Strategic Partnership and Mutual Support between Indonesia and Turkey with the President of Turkey himself on the Merdeka Palace.

He also did a press conference with the President of Turkey, as well entertained the president with authentic Indonesian food such as Rendang, Nasi Goreng, Soto soup, and many more. The President was tired at the end of the day, as he sat in his office while enjoying the breeze of the Air Conditioner.

And when he thought he could finally rest, the 60-year-old President is visited by the Head of the State Intelligence, Gunawan Ardiansyah, and The Minister of Defense, Rizki Perkasa. They knocked on the door, as they entered the office.

"Ah, you guys. Have a seat." The president grants them to sit, as they sat at a vacant seat they could find.

"So, is it about 'that' island?" He asked.

"Yes, it is correct Mr. President." The one who answered his question was Mr. Gunawan.

"I see, what of it?" He asked again.

"Sir, the negation issue from the construction of the combined military base to the firefight of our border patrols with Malaysian in Kalimantan Island is successful. But to be honest with you sir, the information regarding the island cannot be disclosed to the public for long." Gunawan responded.

"He's correct about that, Mr. President. How can we keep the sudden heavy militarization, of a desolate island in out of nowhere in secret?" Said the 55-year-old man named Rizki Perkasa, the Minister of Defense, backs up Gunawan's statement.

"Don't you worry, I got it all under control. Is there anything you wanted to tell me other than that?" The president asked as if he knew that there's more. But to his surprise, it was the Minister of Defense's turn to speak.

"Yes, regarding the increase of military employment sir. How much do you want?" He asked. The President didn't answer him immediately, as he let out his opinion to his ministers.

"I wanted to add about another 300,000 to service, but what do you think about it?" Said the president, as he asks his Minister of Defense.

"That cannot be done, Mr. President. We don't have sufficient resources to add additional 300,000 soldiers, it just seems impossible. Although, we have enough for about 100,000 soldiers, though we may lack sufficient equipment for them. But thanks to our recent agreement with the Turks, that is not a big of a problem." The Minister spoke out his opinion.

"Really? Well then, 100,000 should be enough." The President responded.

"I'll see to it that it will be done" The Minister exclaim and assured the president. The president can only nod, as the  Minister began to speak again.

"But I have to say, our agreement with the Turks is proven to be fruitful. We can only grateful to you, for this deal with the Turks." He said as he praises the President. However, the President smiles lightly.

"Our agreement was made with a dangerous move. In reality, the Turks wanted a piece of the raw resources of Daerah Khusus. As they envied the Japanese for having them. So I told them about the GATE and the validity of its existence on that island." Hearing what the President has said, they were surprised. But before they could say anything about it, the President continued.

"I forced them to make a defensive agreement with me, in exchange for 25% of the extracted raw resource from Daerah Khusus to be shipped to Turkey without tax. And to my prediction, they agreed. Not only we are safe under the protection of a defensive pact with Turkey, but they also agreed to support us in any way they can. Which only left us with that matter of keeping the secrecy of the Island. Mr. Gunawan, have any ideas?" Said the President, as he asked Gunawan for ideas.