Chapter 9

Why Addison
Addison POV

"Addison are you sure?" Mae asks me for the millionth time.
"Yes Mae I'm sure. We need all the information we  can get and who knows maybe someone might come forward" I say.
"But what about your parents?" I shake my head.
"I'll deal with them" I say as we arrive at the garage. Mae and I both hop out and head over to the door.
"Hello!" Mae shouts and a guy who looked about my age came out to the garage. He had black hair, blue eyes and he wasn't wearing a shirt to show his muscular body that had sweat and black oil on it.

He wipes his hands.
"Can I help you?" He asks.
"I'm detective Mae, this is Addison. Are you Daniel?" Mae asks and he nods his head.
"Yeah I'm Daniel" he says.
"We are here because Travis Vance said that you had a guy come in with a car that had blood in it?" He nods his head.
"Oh yeah I knew something was off about the guy, he delivered his car early in the morning at about 5 but it looked like he had been waiting for awhile. He asked me to give his car a proper scrub and fix a few dents in the hood of his car" he says.

"He payed in cash up front and said that he wanted his car to be fixed by the afternoon" He says.
"Actually I have a picture of the dents and what I presume is blood" he says and takes his phone out of his pocket. He scrolls through his phone before he hands it to me and Mae. We both look at the photos and the dents on the car looked weird.
"Mae" I say and she hums in response not looking at me.

"Those dents on the hood of the car they look like someone bashed someone's head on it" I say and Mae looks at me.
"Oh my god you're right....on Dixie's body her head had been smashed two times but it hadn't killed her but London presumes that it knocked her out for a bit" Mae says and my stomach drops. I felt sick. Mae scrolls to the next picture and looks at the photo closely.
"This might be blood but I'm not sure, can you send these to me Daniel and I'll have an expert look at them" she says and hands him his phone back.

"Sure detective" I shook my head and run my hands through my hair. I could just picture Dixies head being smashed into the hood of the car with blood dripping down her gorgeous face.
"Addison?" I walk away from them and over to the bushes where I start throwing up.
"Oh god Addison!" Mae says and runs towards me and holds my hair back and rubs her hand up and down my back.

I stop throwing up after awhile.
"Are you okay?" She says and I nod my head.
"Yeah sorry I just felt sick" I say and wipe my mouth. I stand up and Mae and I walk back to Daniel just to see him gone.
"Daniel?" Mae shouts and he comes back a moment later with a water bottle.
"Here it will make you feel better" he says to me and hands me the water bottle.
"Thank you" I say and he smiles at me. I take a sip of the water.

"Daniel did you manage to see the mans face?" Mae says and Daniel nods his head. My face lights up a bit.
"He had a fine but mean face, brown hair and brown eyes, he was tall" Daniel says and Mae starts writing it down.
"Also..." he says and walks into his shop and grabs a piece of paper before walking back to us.
"I took down his number plate just in case" he hands Mae the piece of paper.
"Thank you so much Daniel" he smiles and nods his head.

"I hope you find the man that killed that girl" he says and Mae nods her head.
"We definitely will" she says and we walk back to her car and get in. She drives fast.
"This is huge right?" I say and Mae smiles and nods her head.
"This is huge" she says and I smile.
"Mae?" I say and she side eyes me.
"Yes?" I breath in and out.
"About Dixie's case what...what actually happened to her....like what did they do to her?" Mae goes silent.

"Mae please I want to know what happened to her" Mae sighs.
"It will break you Addison" she says and I bite my bottom lip.
"Please" I say in a whisper as we arrive at the police station and she stops in her parking spot. She looks at me.
"Dixie...Dixie's head was smashed two times...." I nod my head.
"She was beaten up and she was tied up for awhile....and....and she was raped" my stomach drops again and I look away from her.