Chapter 2

How do I live a normal life now?
Chapter 2
Addison POV

The water runs down my body as I lean my hands against the shower wall. I close my eyes and lean my head against the wall too and begin to sob loudly. I never wanted her to go but she's gone and I feel so alone. I sit down on the shower floor and hug my legs to my chest. I don't know how long I stayed like that or how much water I wasted but I needed it.

I eventually get out and grab a towel and tie it around my body. I wiped the mirror with my hand because it was all fogged up and I stared at my reflection. I still looked like a mess, my eyes were empty and I couldn't shake the horrible feeling of seeing Dixie's lifeless body. I look away from the mirror and walk out my bathroom and grab some clothes and throw them on.

There was a knock on my door and I turn my head and see the door open which revels my mom.
"How you holding up honey?" I shrug my shoulders and sit on my bed.
"I'm okay" my mom looks at me with pity.
"You know you can talk to me if you want?" I nod my head.
"I know mom it's just I'm tired and I want to sleep" I say and my mom nods her head.

"Okay then honey, sleep tight we love you so much  and we are here for you" I couldn't even bring myself to smile at her so I just nodded my head and she closed the door. I looked down at my hands and I could just see the blood still on them but it was just my imagination. I clench my hands into fists and dig my nails into my palm. My body started shaking a little and my breathing became unsteady.

I just need to go to sleep. I get inside the covers and turn off my light leaving me in total darkness. I stare up at the ceiling and close my eyes but I just saw flashes of the scene and my eyes would shoot open again. I sigh and wipe away a falling tear. I sniff loudly and reach for my phone on the nightstand and it lights up. There was a picture of Dixie and I where she was on my back and we were smiling.

Tears fall faster and I throw my phone across the room and it slides against my wooden floor. I put my hands on my face and squeeze my eyes shut. I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

* * *

"Addison are you sure you want to go to school today I mean the accident only happened-"
"I know mom but I want to go to school" I say grabbing an apple from the bowl and putting my other backpack strap on.
"Are you sure?" I nod my head and she sighs.
"Fine but please after school come straight home and then we can go to the police office" I nod my head and walk out the door.

I get into my car and drive down the road. I was still numb and lifeless and I was exhausted because I only got an hour sleep. I drive into the school parking lot and get out my car. I walk up the stairs and into the building where I saw everyone's eyes on me. They started whispering as I walked on. The voices came louder and the room started spinning and my breathing became unsteady again.

"Addison!" I snap out of it and see Griffin standing there. His eyes were red and his hair was a all of the place. He looked like a mess but who am I to judge.
"How are you?" I stare blankly at him.
"What do you think" he nods his head.
"I'm sorry that was a dumb question" he looks down at the ground and then looks back at me.
"I heard you found her....that must of been terrible I'm so sorry Addison" he says honestly.

I nod my head as more memories come flooding back and my breathing goes unsteady.
"I've got to go Griffin" I say out of breath and run past him and out of the one doors that leads to the field. I grip my hair by my head and squeeze my eyes shut when I hear Dixie laughing. I shoot my eyes open and look around just to see her walking around the corner.
"Dixie!" I shout and run after her.

"Come on Addison you have to stay and watch me" Dixie says grabbing my hand and leading me past all the people. Today was the big football game and Dixie was cheerleading. Everyone was hyped expect for me who would rather be at home with Dixie. She turns around still holding my hand and gives me a killer smile. She was in her cheerleading outfit in our school colours white, yellow and blue. Her top was a crop top and it had our school name on it, Angel high. 

Her hair was tied up in a high ponytail with a blue ribbon in it. She looked so hot.
"Do I have too?" I say and she laughs.
"Addy please for me?" She says and comes closer to me.
"Fine only for you" she smiles and kisses my cheek.
"I'll make sure to thank you later" my face goes red and she laughs before her couch calls her over and she looks at her couch and then me.

"I'll see you after the game" I smile and nod my head. She runs off and I sigh putting my hand in my pockets and heading up to the stands. I find an empty seat in the middle and look at Dixie from across the field.
"WELCOME ANGEL HIGH!" Everyone cheers and I clap my hands.
"LETS HEAR SOME NOISE FOR OUR FOOTBALL TEAM!" All the boys coming rushing out with all there gear on and go across the field. The band was playing in the background.

The cheerleading squad starts and my eyes were on Dixie. She moves her body smoothly and cheers like the rest of the group. Her eyes meet mine and I swear everyone in the school just disappeared and it was just the two of us. I smile and she smiles back.

A ball hits me and I snap out of it and look down at the football. I blink twice and look around and it was empty. It was just me and a few people practicing on the field and an empty spot where Dixie once was.
"Oh shit sorry!" I turn my head and see a girl rushing towards me. She came up to me and smiled down at me. She had blue eyes and darkish brown straight  hair. Her face was beautiful and her smile was stunning. I look over her and see she was wearing a football jersey.

"Can I have the ball back?" She asks nicely and I rub my eyes with my one hand and give her ball back.
"You play football?" She nods her head head.
"Yeah I'm the new quarterback" I nod my head.
"I didn't know girls were allowed on the team?" She laughs and smoothly throws the ball across the field to one of the guys.
"Yeah they didn't but I talked to the principal and said that we need to get rid of the sexuality stereotypes and let girls play" I look up at her and nod my head.

"Hey you're that girl who was friends with Dixie D'Amelio" I look away from her.
"Oh shit I'm sorry, you probably don't want people to bring it up" I just nod my head.
"Yeah" I say and look down at my hands.
"I'm sorry again for hitting you with the football and the Dixie thing" I turn my head just in time to see the stranger walk away and I sigh and lick my dry lips. I grab my backpack and get up.

I walk across the empty stands and walks down the stairs and across the field just as the bell rings. I head inside the building again and head to English. I take my seat in the front and see people staring at me.
"It's awful what happened I mean like seriously a murder in a town like ours? I thought it was safe but now I'm scared to be alone, who knows who might be next" I hear a girl behind me whisper.
"Maybe Dixie's death was an accident and maybe the killer wanted her and not anyone else" the other reply's and I close my eyes and dig my fingers into the sides of the desk.

"Everyone quiet down, I know from the recent event all of us are on edge but we must continue and Addison I'm so sorry that you had to lose your best friend" everyone looks at me and the teacher talks on while looking at me but I can't hear her. The room starts spinning and I turn my head to look at the empty seat next to me and tears begin to form in my eyes.
"I can't do this" I say softly and grab my backpack and run out the room at top speed.

I run out of the school doors and run to my car where I throw my backpack in and drive away. I don't know where I'm heading but I just can't be there, I thought I could do it but I can't. How am I suppose to live a normal life when you're not here Dixie. How?