Chapter 11

One day
Addison POV

I walk into the police station and smile at Mae when I come face to face with her.
"He's in there" she says and I nod my head.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" I nod my head firmly.
"I want to know why he killed Dixie" I say and Mae smiles before opening the door for me and I walk in. There was Bryce in a classic orange prison clothes with handcuffs that attached to the table. There was also a police officer who was standing on the far end of the room.

I take a seat in front of Bryce and he looks at me.
"Why are you here?" He asks and I clench my fists.
"Because I want to know what happened to my girlfriend you bastard" I say and he sighs.
"Fine ask your questions. I'm going to prison anyway" he says and I breath in and out.
"Tell me everything, why did you do it?" I say and he looks away from me before speaking.
"Dixie was the popular girl of the school. She won hearts all the time and I wasn't surprised that Griffin was with her not that Dixie even payed attention to him half of the time" he says.

"I really liked you Addison enough to even be in love with you but before I could even make my move on you I happened to stumble on you two making out behind school. I was so angry that she had you and I didn't so I took pictures of the two of you and threatened Dixie so that she would leave you alone and for a moment I thought she did but I was wrong when I saw her with you again. I had to take things into my own hands especially since she chose to ignore me. I knew that you and her would be going to that party so I waited for my moment and I told Dixie to met me at the restaurant so that we could make a deal. She agreed and she met me there. She told me to fuck off and that she would never stop being with you. The look on her face told me that she really did love you" he says and laughs.

"So I grabbed her and put her in the car and we drove off. She wouldn't shut up about where we were going and I started to get mad so and as soon as I stopped the car she tried to make a run for it but John was following us and he grabbed Dixie and smashed her head twice into the hood of the car. She was bleeding and she was off balance. I knew that we had already gone to far and that we had to finish the job otherwise she would of gone to the police. So we took her to the abandoned house...and we tied her up and rapped her, you know had some fun with her" he says with a wicked smile on his face.  I close my eyes and breath in and out. What a fucking monster.

"After that we put her back into the truck and drove out to the forest to finish the job. We threw her on the ground but it was all muddy from the rain. How she begged for her life. She begged us to stop to just let her go and that she wouldn't tell a soul but we weren't going to buy that bullshit so I took out my knife and stabbed her. Once, twice until I couldn't stop it felt to good to stop. Then everything stopped. She stopped crying and screaming and there was her lifeless body on the ground. Before we could do anything to cover the evidence I heard you shouting Dixie's name so we made a run for it and hid in the bushes until we saw you. You rushed over to her body and held her in your arms but you were to late" he says and I felt the urge to strangle him but I kept my control.

"What did you gain from murdering my girlfriend?" I say and he laughs.
"I wanted you Addison and with Dixie out of the way I could of had you" he says and I shake my head and stand up.
"You would never have me Bryce. My heart belongs to Dixie and it will forever belong to her nothing you could do would ever change that" I say and start walking to the door. I could feel his eyes on my back. I open the door but before I walk out I turn around and look at him.
"I hope you fucking rot in hell you sick bastard" I say before slamming the door shut and walking out.

"Everything okay?" Mae asks when she see me and I slightly nod my head.
"Yes...could you do me a favor?" I ask and she nods her head.
"Of course, what?" She asks and I breath in and out.
"Will you take me somewhere"

* * *

I slowly walk towards the gravestone before bending down and putting the flowers I brought her in front of her gravestone.
"Hey baby it's me. Addy" I say.
"We found out who hurt you and I promise you they will never get away with it. I wish you were here there's so many things I have to tell you about. I wish we could have another sleepover where we would stay up until late watching movies while I cuddle you with my head on your chest as you gentle play with my hair until I fall asleep" I say and wipe a falling tear.

"God I miss you Dix but I hope where ever you are you get to hold your sister again and that you are happy with her again. Tell her I say hi and that I miss her. I couldn't imagine the pain you went through with what they did to you and I wish I could of taken it all away and that you would still be here with me. I miss your smile and the way your face would light up when you would see me no matter how sad you were. You made me one the happiest women alive and I will never forget you and I'll see you one day. Then we can hold hands and be happy together but until then..." I say as the tears fall down quickly. I lift my hand up and graze my fingers over her name on the gravestone.

"I love you" I say and close my eyes before I stand up.
"I'll seen you soon" I say and a breeze comes making my hair fly. It's almost as if she can hear me. I slowly turn around and walk away. I walk towards Mae who was leaning against a tree. When she sees me she pushes off the tree and gives me a small smile.
"Ready to go?" She says and I nod my head. We start walking together and she wraps a arm around my shoulder.
"Hey Mae?" I say and she hums in response.
"Do you think Dixie can hear me?" I say and looks at me.

"Yes. I think she's always listening to you and that she's always with you even if you can't see her" she says and I nod my head. Losing someone is one of the hardest things to ever experience. That pain, that grief is the hardest to get over and maybe some of us never get over it and always carry it around with us but have found a way to deal with it. I'll never forget the women who stole my heart and one day I'll see her again. I'll see that smile, hear that laugh, hold her hand, kiss those lips. She'll open her arms to me and I'll run into them and never let go.

One day.

The end.

• • •

Thank you everyone for the love I got from this book. I love you all so much and I hope that everyone is staying safe. I'll see you guys soon and I'll mainly be posting a lot on my book Dixison oneshots so if you want to see more of my stories go check it out 🥺