Chapter 5

But everyone knew that you loved her?
Addison POV

I couldn't tell you that the days were getting better cause they weren't. Everything reminded me of Dixie and I still struggled to sleep. My parents never found out about my nearly suicide which I was great full about. The town was also on high alert, afraid that the killer will strike again. I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling.

"What you thinking about?" I turn my head to the side to see Dixie laying next to me.
"I don't know" I say and she smiles.
"You're weird" she says and I smile too.
"You're weird too" she laughs and looks into my eyes.
"I miss you" I say and she frowns.
"But I'm right here?" She says and I sigh.
"Are you really?" I say and she nods her head.

"I'll always be here for you Addison, you're not going to get rid of me that fast" she says and I smile.
"I miss you too, if it makes you feel better" she says and I sigh. I look back up at the ceiling.
"Addison there's someone here to see you" I turn my head to the door and see my mom standing there. I turn my head the other way and see Dixie was gone. I look back at my mom who gave me a small smile.

"Who's here?" I say sitting up.
"Griffin" I frown. Why in the world would Griffin be here?
"Okay I'm coming" I say and get up. I walk out my room and down the stairs until I reach the door. I open it and there was Griffin.
"Hey Addison" he says and I look him up and down. God he looked even worse then me.
"Hi Griffin, what are you doing here?" I ask and he scratches the back of his head.

"I just wanted to see how you were?" He says and I sigh.
"Yeah I'm okay" I say and he nods his head.
"Do you want to come in?" I say and he looks into my eyes.
"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod my head.
"You cared for Dixie too, its best if we stick together" I say and he smiles.
"Okay then, thank you" he walks in and I close the door.

We walk into the living room and take a seat on the couch.
"So how are you holding up?" I ask and he sighs and runs his hands through his messy hair.
"To be honest not that great" he says and looks at me.
"I just can't believe she's gone" he says and I nod my head.
"I can't either" I say and he looks at me.
"Who would of done this to her?" He asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know" I say and lean my head against the back of the couch.
"Who do you think did it?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulders.
"I don't know but whoever that person is I'm going to kill them" I close my eyes.
"I miss her" I say and I feel Griffins eyes on me.
"I miss her too" he says and I feel his hand touch mine. I open my eyes and he takes my hand in he's. I look at him before moving closer to him and leaning my head against his shoulder.

"Hey I know we weren't that close before but maybe now we can be friends?" He says and I smile.
"I'd like that" I say and he leans his head against mine. I slowly close my eyes and sigh.

* * *

I walk through school to go to my locker when I see the same girl that I saw that day on the field. The one that plays football. She looks at me as I approach my locker. I put my password in on the locker and open it.
"Hey" I turn my head to see the girl. She gives me a small smile.
"Hi" I say back and she leans against the lockers.
"I never told you my name" she says and I look at her.

"I'm Brianna" she says and I smile.
"Nice to meet you" I say and close my locker.
"Hey look I know we didn't start off on the right foot but look maybe we could hang out or something as friends?" She asks and I look at her. There was just something about her that made me smile and also she just reminded me of someone but I couldn't put my finger on it.
"Sure" her smile grows.
"Great" before I could say anything else to her I over heard someone who was behind me.

"Can you believe that the police have found Dixies killer?!" I spin around and look at the guy.
"Excuse me what?" I say and he looks at me.
"Didn't you know?" He says and I shake my head. Just then everyone turns their heads and I do too and I see a few police officers and then the one person I thought I wouldn't see. There was Griffin with handcuffs on his wrists. He looks at me and I could see fear in his eyes.

"ADDISON IT WASN'T ME, TELL THEM IT WASN'T ME!" He shouts and try to run toward me but the police officers grab him.
"ADDISON IT WASN'T ME I PROMISE YOU!" He shouts as they pull him away.
"ADDISON!" He shouts before they take him outside. I was frozen, my whole body become numb. I felt everyone's eyes on me but I couldn't move. I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder and I force myself to look at the person. Brianna looks at me with pity and I look away from her.

I can't believe it.

* * *

I didn't say anything at dinner even though my parents tried to talk to me I simply didn't reply.
"Maybe she should see a therapist?" I hear my mom say to my dad.
"Give her some time to process what just happened honey, I just can't believe we let that monster into our home" my dad says. There was a knock on the door and my dad stood up and walked over to the door.

"Detective Mae?" I raise my head and look over at the door and there for sure was Mae.
"I'm so sorry to bother you sir but can I please speak to your daughter?" She asks.
"I don't think this is a appropriate time" my dad says and I get up and walk to the door.
"It's fine dad, I want to talk to her" I say and my dad looks at me and so does Mae. My dad nods his head and I walk past him and outside with Mae. My dad closes the door and we sit on the porch.

"Addison" she says and I look at her. She looked like a mess and it looked like something was really bothering her.
"Addison do you think that Griffin is the killer?" She asks me and I frown.
"Isn't he?" I say and she looks into my eyes for a long period of time before I rip my eyes away from her.
"No" I say.
"Addison I need to know the whole truth if Griffin is ever going to get out of the situation he is in now. He could go to jail even though he might be innocent. I need you to tell me everything" I wipe away some falling tear.

"I was holding back something" I say and sniff.
"I loved Dixie..." I say and I look back at Mae. She frowns.
"But everyone knew that you loved her?" She says and I breath in and out.
"I loved her more than a friend should" I say and Mae raises her eyebrows a little bit.
"It was suppose to just be a kiss..." I say and Mae puts her hand on my knee.

"You can tell me Addison" she says and I cry harder.
"Okay"