Chapter 4

As I was working on my new book, I realize I needed some pointers and drafts from Xing Li for this. So I contact her to get the necessary drafts at my home. But she replies back that she has work in the office and I should come directly and take back whatever I need. What a rude person I have for an editor. Since I had no other option than to go to her editorial office.

As it was my first time walking into the company where my books are sold. It was weirded out to know if someone would recognize me. So, I was wearing a cap so to cover my face as I walk in. But one of the staff recognizes me and they come flaunting towards me. It was scary sight to see multiple women run towards me in excitement.

As I was surrounded by women asking for my autograph and touching me inappropriately. I feel uncomfortable and insecure. I try to excuse myself but they had no intention to let me go. Suddenly an arm drapes around me and people scatter away from me.

"You, don't surround people like that. You are scaring our newly famous author. Get back to your work"

They all bow to him and scurry away. I look at him and shrug his hands from my shoulder.

"What are you doing here?"

"Can't I be at my workplace?"

"You work here?"

"Well, I take care of my company. Even though I am the CEO, I don't slack off from my work"

I was shocked "What? This is your company?"

"Ofcourse! Are you happy to see me successful?"

"That has nothing to do with me dà gē. I got work to do, excuse me"

As I try to pass him, he again holds my hand "Wei, please give me a chance to explain. I promise, I will never make such a mistake"

"Let me go dà gē!"

"Wei, please listen to me. I just want to explain it to you"

"LET ME GO!"

The whole lounge goes quite and he stares at me coldly. I feel a twinge of regret for creating a scene in his company. Just then Xing Li walks by and sees me.

"Shen Wei! You are finally here. I was waiting for you"

She then notices her boss and bows before introducing Wei to him. "He's the rising author Shen Wei"

"I know him. Give him the necessary details he needs and send him home"

"Yes, boss!"

Zhao Xinchi walks away from us and disappears inside an elevator. Xing Li looks at me questioningly "How do you know boss?"

"He was my senior in college"

"Ohhh....okay...here are things you need. You remember right....month end is the deadline?"

"I remember. Thank you for this...I will go back now, I need to work on my book"

"Okay! I will see you in a week"

"Okay!"

As I walk away I don't notice someone watching me from behind the pillar. "What was your relationship with dad, Wei ýe ýe?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I go home and fall in my bed thinking about what happened in the company today. I was stressed seeing dà gē after so many years. Even though it has been years, I still could not forget the incident that occurred. I thought I had forgotten but after seeing his face all the vivid memories became clear.

Dà gē, he was my everything when I was in high school. He was my best friend, I could ever ask for. He loved me so much and I loved him too. We were inseparable, always going for lunches together and going to library to study after school. Even though he was 2 year senior to me, we would be always seen together.