Chapter 9

"He is......he is......ahmm......."

"Papa....you like Yunlan, isn't it?"

I was shocked and I looked at Riju with wide eyes. Before I could answer him the doctor walked in and I was saved from their questions. That day I returned home and I didn't let anyone raise this topic anymore. Yezun stayed with us for few days and returned back to our inn in a southern mountain, where my dad lives.

Riju stopped asking about this and I was finally able to sigh in relief. But, I had stopped talking to Yunlan not because he was ďa ģē's son, but because of Riju. How can I be in a relationship with my son's friend. I was worried about hurting my son. I had strictly let Riju know that he is not supposed to let Yunlan in my house. Yunlan would frequently come to my house and try to talk to me. But I always ignore him, I know I am being rude and selfish here but I am a father and 11 years older than Yunlan. What if being with me will ruin his future. I don't want either Riju or Yunlan to suffer because of my selfishness.

I was sitting in my study room and trying to write my book. I sat in front of my computer for too long and haven't written a single thing. Just then, Xing Li walks in my room.

"Wei, how is the manuscript coming along?"

"Yes, I'm working on it"

"It's completely blank......Honestly, here I am having enough trouble with Lan ĺaó śhî......"

My eyes widen at these words, I immediately retort "Is something wrong with Yun-----I mean Lan ĺaô śhî?

"It goes just beyond wrong. He says he can't write anymore. He's insisting on ending the series. It might have to do something with the fact that you found out his identity.......... where are you going Wei?"

"Xing Li....I will never ask you for anything again. Just let me see him"

"But....but.....the manuscript?"

"I promise to complete it sooner. Just let me meet him and sort this out"

"O-Okay"

"Thank you!"

I run out my house and rush towards his house.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤▪︎

I open his bedroom door with a bang "Yunlan......is it true that you can't write novels anymore?"

"You....you rejected me these past days. But when it comes to your Lan ĺaô śhî you are very passionate that you rush to my house"

"This is the first time I have seen Yunlan look so coldly at me."

"I see, the person you really love is Lan ĺaô śhî and not Zhao Yunlan."

"Yunlan...I...."

"Please leave"

I stand there dumbfounded and do not move at all "What part of 'get out' don't you understand?"

"Yunlan......"

"I see....you won't listen to what I say.....If you don't leave now, I might do something that I will regret later."

Yunlan gets up from his bed and walks angrily towards me. He pushes me towards the wall and traps me between his arms. He slowly moves in close to me, I could feel his breath on my lips and my heartbeat increases rapidly. Just as his lips descend on mine, a knock resounds which startles us and we part away.

"Yunlan....do we have a guest?"

Dá ģē was standing in front of Yunlan's door.  "Ohh....Wei, it's you again....what are you doing here?"